solar power battery ?

Discussion in 'Reviews-Products/Gear/Guides/Outfitters' started by emerson, Aug 6, 2017.

1. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

I'm going to try this on a feeder this year , Feeds once a day maybe 6 sec . But its in the woods( no sun ) . Will the battery last ?

2. artey72

artey72 Well-Known Member

I would think it would be fine, I set my feeders up with solar charger and they feed 4 times a day.

3. bullcreekboy

bullcreekboy Well-Known Member

Solar panels charge during daylight, but they will charge more in direct sunlight. It should increase your battery life, but how much I can't say. When I ran a feeder with a solar panel, it was under pine trees. It still lengthened the run time of the 6v rechargeable battery by 3-4 times.

4. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

Thanks , I was thinking it would but this will be the 1st time for solar power battery .

5. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    Get a 12 volt battery/solar panel
    I usually get a 2-3 yrs out of a 12v battery feeding twice a day, but once had one make it over 5 yrs.
    I never had much luck with the 6 volt ones and the cost isn't much different.

6. armallard

armallard Well-Known Member

NEA
    we use the sun slinger spinners on ours and the have the the panel on the end and seem to work great.

7. Mountain Oyster

Mountain Oyster Well-Known Member

How do you keep the coons and squirrels from destroying the panels and wires.

8. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    The ones we use have a flexible metal tube over the wires.

Mountain Oyster likes this.