Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens to me about this time every year.. I've packed and repacked my vest and checked and rechecked all my gear so many times this last week I may have it worn out before season starts.. I'm worse than a kid at Christmas..

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Zero. I got old man. I did buy a new gun after Christmas and got it sighted in. I ordered a couple new diaphragms a month ago. That’s as far as I’ve got.

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Pulled down the box labeled "turkey stuff" this week. Probably load vest this weekend.

Did find two granola bars and a box of raisins buried in there. Still debating the odds of them being good to go or not.

·
Premium Member
14,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went through mine the other day. Everything was in its place but I just couldn’t stand not making sure.
I've taken a lot of duplicate stuff out of mine but my OCD kicks in and I start 2nd guessing.. I probably won't wear my vest much but I always have it in my truck just incase.. Didn't help that I found a box full of old favorite calls the other day and want to take them all back to the woods for another spin..

·
Registered
26,694 Posts
I've taken a lot of duplicate stuff out of mine but my OCD kicks in and I start 2nd guessing.. I probably won't wear my vest much but I always have it in my truck just incase.. Didn't help that I found a box full of old favorite calls the other day and want to take them all back to the woods for another spin..
I’ve debated kicking mine since I carry a gobbler chair most of the time and just putting a couple calls in my pocket but haven’t convinced myself to do so yet.

Did y’all draw a permit this year?

·
Premium Member
14,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve debated kicking mine since I carry a gobbler chair most of the time and just putting a couple calls in my pocket but haven’t convinced myself to do so yet.

Did y’all draw a permit this year?
No permits this year.. Son had a permit last year and we heard very little gobbling and hunted the same place the week after the permit hunt and tagged out.. Hoping for the same luck this year.. Got some adventures planned in new territory this year so I'll be out there..

·
Registered
10,331 Posts
Took me about two minutes to gather my vest and seat cushion belt from the closet and my mouth calls from the fridge and throw them in a tote when I went to Bama.
Calls are back in the fridge and the tote is inside the shop door with one pair of boots in the tote and one beside it waiting to head out.
My binoculars are already in the truck and my shotgun is cased and ready.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Took me about two minutes to gather my vest and seat cushion belt from the closet and my mouth calls from the fridge and throw them in a tote when I went to Bama.
Calls are back in the fridge and the tote is inside the shop door with one pair of boots in the tote and one beside it waiting to head out.
My binoculars are already in the truck and my shotgun is cased and ready.

Since you're already prepared, are we hunting your dirt opening day?

·
Registered
26,694 Posts
No permits this year.. Son had a permit last year and we heard very little gobbling and hunted the same place the week after the permit hunt and tagged out.. Hoping for the same luck this year.. Got some adventures planned in new territory this year so I'll be out there..
IIRC we hunt fairly close to the same area up there. Shoot me a PM if you’re gonna be up there once it opens up after the permit hunt, be nice to put a face with a name if nothing else.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts