Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, it was a perfect morning for squirrels! Cool and calm and the leaves were wet.

But I didnt go. :frown:

I ran my dogs this morning though and saw squirrels even though dogs were barking and my 4 wheeler was running.

I think it would have been pretty easy to have gotten a mess of squirrels if I hadnt been so worried about snakes.

So how did yall do?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
First time ever, didn't even get a shot. We saw three squirrels total. I know theey are there, but they slept in or something. Of the three we saw, 2 were way off on the ground and the other was crossing the road, on the way back.. Did find some promising deer sign though., and me and the wife had a good time and some good exercise climbing the hills.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Since I was going to have to go to the dump to throw away everything that I lost in my freezer and refridgerator because of the power outage I didn't get ot hunt long. I killed 3 in less than 10 minutes which was enough for a mess of dumplins so I came home and cleaned them. Then loaded the truck and went to the dump.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Since I was going to have to go to the dump to throw away everything that I lost in my freezer and refridgerator because of the power outage I didn't get ot hunt long. I killed 3 in less than 10 minutes which was enough for a mess of dumplins so I came home and cleaned them. Then loaded the truck and went to the dump.
If you get hungry, just let me know Bru...you know where I live!:up:

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
I didn't make it 45 minutes before I tried to cross a slough and tripped on a limb underwater and fell in the slough. I should have just stuck to the easy to get to squirells, but no I had to go after one tucked up in a slough. I hope it's the last time I get soaked this year.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
We killed 9 this morning. Plus I shot a coyote. There were squirrels everywhere. I missed two, killed one I couldnt find in heavy brush and crippled another. Saw some deer as well. A wonderful morning. This afternoon decided to go to Dagmar WMA.
Son and I didnt stay 10 minutes. The mosquitoes like to have carried us off. i was trying some new "repellent" and believe me it DOES NOT WORK. We saturated ourselves with it and there were so many mosquito bits on my face and neck we couldnt count them all.
Going after them again in the morning.
Take care
Reb

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I should of hunted squirrels they were all over the place. But since the bottoms are flooded out I did not think about hunting them, but they were all over the place in the upper lands. So we went hog hunting instead. Didn't find any though

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
443 Posts
First opening morning I've missed since i don't know when. Instead we loaded up the 4 wheelers and went up to White Rock to ride. Had a great time and the weather was great. We got up there later in the morning and road till about 3. Never saw any hunter or other riders. Could believe it. Guess they were all in the river bottoms shooting at those dang birds!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.