Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some friends and i are wanting to go on a snow goose hunt this year any suggestions on place?....service? guides?...ty

just pm any information would be appreciated

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07
7,402 Posts
ty, check out southernwaterfowlers.net. i am hunting with them tomorrow and sunday. the owners are members on here, d2, and daddyrabbit. great guys. i will post pics on monday, hopefully:thumb: BG12

·
Registered
383 Posts
hunted with goose slayers awsome hunt we killed 30 and probable could have doubled that eaisly if we could have shot better. 150$ per person and they hunt all day. that hunt was durring the regular season. they defffently put us on the birds. on time we had aleast agroup of 300 come at us we dropped 10 alone out of that group. and of course that was laater in the day when we started to shoot alot better.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Another vote for bustin-geese.com I was there this past weekend. Ended up with over 1200 geese
I talked to Bo (Lost Creek) yesterday and he told me ya'll set the all time record for most geese killed in one weekend. Congrats on a great hunt! :thumb:

.270Win

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Thats a pile of geese! Were they killing them over decoys or creeping them. Either way thats a nice pile of geese. Wish I had been there :thumb: ...d2

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
This group was sneakers only, it was a blast. These guys were probably some of the best sneakers I have seen. :thumb:

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
There were 11 bands total, all of the geese were processed and split up between the hunters. :thumb:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hunted the Weiner area this last weekend and killed close to 380 in two days. We managed 220 in one flock with 12 guns. And yes we did sneak em. Hard to decoys em when they dont move much during the day. Once they sit in the morning they wont hardly move. Not to mention we dont have near enough decoys for successful decoy hunting. The migration isnt even begun still lots of snows to come. Managed to get three bands out of all the birds.

Averyhntr

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hunted the Weiner area this last weekend and killed close to 350 in two days. We managed 220 in one flock with 12 guns. And yes we did sneak em. Hard to decoys em when they dont move much during the day. Once they sit in the morning they wont hardly move. Not to mention we dont have near enough decoys for successful decoy hunting. The migration isnt even begun still lots of snows to come. Managed to get three bands out of all the birds.

Averyhntr

Correction on the total we shot close to 350 for the weekend.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
I've got a question for the geese hunters, I've always assumed people ate them, but after talking to a few people, they said they aren't fit to eat. They say they are to greasy. Is that so or is there a special way to prepare them?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts