Snow Day Supper

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by FrogTacos, Jan 9, 2011.

1. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

Whats going in the pot today?

I'm making a nice pot of black bean/corn/barley soup.

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Roast slow cooking in crock pot with onion lipton soup mix, ginger ale and mushroom soup and carrots. Mash taters with cheese and ranch seasoning. Boiled cabbage and cornbread. Iced tea.:eating:

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    Venison chili. :thumb:

4. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Headed to MIL's to eat..... HAM...... again...... all good though. And I love ham... really love it.... but ham again? At least we'll have some toddies to wash it down with.

Had a big ole roast yesterday when I got in from duck hunting... m ay sneak the leftovers over there to her house and eat those.

5. RAZOR_DEER

RAZOR_DEER Well-Known Member

Big Ole pot of Great northern beans with some hog jowl. Cornbread a plenty.:thumb:

6. live2hunt

live2hunt Well-Known Member

We just made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup here at work.

7. Smoked pork tenderloin, white beans, brocolli and cheese, baked potato and a loaf of french bread..:up:

Need to add: Chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies for desert..

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. Rutcutter

Rutcutter Well-Known Member

I'm making up a big batch of
    Deer chilli myself.

9. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Chicken spaghetti with extra rotel !!

10. Dad called and said he will have some shrimp and polish sausage gumbo ready at 5:00

11. Razoo97

Razoo97 Well-Known Member

Wow

man you guys are cooking it up:eating:
    I was wanting to cook a homemade deer meat soup, but not enough tomato sauce, and don't have any cabbage, and I'm not about to go get any. So I am just going to make a deer meat stew with ranch style beans, with some rice and cornbread:up:

12. hotrod98

hotrod98 Well-Known Member

One of my favorites! A while back someone gave me the bright idea of buying a precooked rotissery(sp) chicken instead of waiting on chicken to boil and man I can whip up some sketti in no time flat now and I think the rotissery chicken taste better myself!

Today was just hamburger steak smothered in brown gravy and sauteed onions and bell peppers, green beans, augrautin tators and garlic crescent rolls! If you haven't tried garlic crescent roles you're missing out! :thumb:

13. tracytqrc

tracytqrc Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is about this weather, but I always feel the need to fire up the grill and stand outside and freeze my butt off. Luckly, a good fat ribeye only takes 2 minutes to burn.:thumb:

14. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

got two rib racks and a pork shoulder on the smoker now, baked beans, slaw, and rolls.

15. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

What time do I need to be there? :biggrin:

16. duck

duck Well-Known Member

Fried Pheasant with mashed potatoes and a big glass of tea. Oh yea, I forgot the gravy.

17. browtine

browtine Well-Known Member

wife is fixin a sausage casserole, smells awesome:thumb::biggrin:

18. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Well, since ARCB isn't gonna invite me to eat, I guess I'll just have to settle for my wife's homemade chicken noodle soup....:thumb:

19. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Deer steaks smothered in mushroom gravy, mashed taters, crescent rolls, and corn.

20. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

reckon you can make it in an hour and a half? if so, come on!!:thumb: