Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a little riding around on the lease today and nearly ran over a 2 ft black snake while crossing a creek. Had me looking around for the rest of the day. Man I hate them things.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
I can remember catfishing last February and walking up on a couple cottonmouths...Needless to say that tends to stay on your mind....:eek:

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Last Saturday afternoon while taking a break from pigs, i had a couple of mosquitos buzzing around my ear. No snake sightings luckly

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
I won't be suprised if it ain't 100 degrees next weekend, with all the creepy crawlers out and about. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Well, ya see - it's like this - - - the snakes been talkin to the mosquitos, who have learned to survive in colder temperatures from the buffalo gnats.......which explains all this, hun?

·
Registered
12,438 Posts
My wife & I were squirrel hunting late one winter and stepped on a coiled cottonmouth up around Lonoke! The snake was so cold he didn't move - but we sure did! :eek:

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
Years ago after a big rain a guy on my lease killed a big timber rattler on Christmas day. Thing could barely move but was out there lookin for a new den.:eek:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
About 3 weeks ago I was walking through the house early in the morning and noticed something on the living room floor. It was a little snake about a foot long. All I can figure is the dogs dug him up and brought him in through the doggy door. I picked him up with some kitchen tongs and tossed him out the door. That was the 1st one I've ever seen in January.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts