Snake in February

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 1tuffdog, Feb 10, 2008.

1. 1tuffdog

1tuffdog Well-Known Member

Doing a little riding around on the lease today and nearly ran over a 2 ft black snake while crossing a creek. Had me looking around for the rest of the day. Man I hate them things.

2. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

I can remember catfishing last February and walking up on a couple cottonmouths...Needless to say that tends to stay on your mind....:eek:

3. Last Saturday afternoon while taking a break from pigs, i had a couple of mosquitos buzzing around my ear. No snake sightings luckly

4. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I've seen flies and mosquitos too. Thats ark. for you.

5. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

I won't be suprised if it ain't 100 degrees next weekend, with all the creepy crawlers out and about. :biggrin:

6. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

If so it will probably be snowing the next. :eek:

7. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

I hate mosquitos

8. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I wear snakeboots. I ain't itching to get bit.

9. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

Thanks , now I will actually look for snakes again when I'm walking. :smack:

10. Well, ya see - it's like this - - - the snakes been talkin to the mosquitos, who have learned to survive in colder temperatures from the buffalo gnats.......which explains all this, hun?

11. hawkins

hawkins Guest

Snakes

Talk about snakes,here in South Carolina they are out. It was in the 80s last week. It was almost 70 today :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. My wife & I were squirrel hunting late one winter and stepped on a coiled cottonmouth up around Lonoke! The snake was so cold he didn't move - but we sure did! :eek:

13. jerry dean

jerry dean Guest

+1000

14. ozark outdoorsman

ozark outdoorsman Well-Known Member

I hope this don't start another snake fight:biggrin:

15. 1tuffdog

1tuffdog Well-Known Member

I will not Confirm or Deny the current status of the snake.

16. Gunner'sMate

Gunner'sMate Guest

Me too.....I wear 'em year round at the cabin......mainly because they are warm in the winter.....and also because with my luck, there'd be one rattler that didn't get the memo to hybernate :biggrin: :biggrin:

17. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

One year in mid January I have seen a few on Jarvis point before. Almost had to clean out my drawers until I noticed it was a Blue Racer.:whew:

18. jccduck

jccduck Well-Known Member

Man that is weird. Wouldnt think you see them for another month or so

19. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

Years ago after a big rain a guy on my lease killed a big timber rattler on Christmas day. Thing could barely move but was out there lookin for a new den.:eek:

20. Gruntcall

Gruntcall Well-Known Member

About 3 weeks ago I was walking through the house early in the morning and noticed something on the living room floor. It was a little snake about a foot long. All I can figure is the dogs dug him up and brought him in through the doggy door. I picked him up with some kitchen tongs and tossed him out the door. That was the 1st one I've ever seen in January.