Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Your dogs must be pretty good or they wouldn't be able to hold that large of a hog.. Them big boys are hard on dogs,my dogs would have been cut up.They are GRITTY and like to chew on them pigs,thats why they get cut.
:clap: :up: :clap: :flag: It don't get any better than that.
Looks like there is a new boss in the bay pen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't do ruff dogs.They make you dig DEEP in your pockets.Thats what bull dogs are for.Ruff dogs are a dime a dozen.When you have one cut down you can't hunt him,just feed him. I have a one year old BMC thats cuttin his way off the yard now. :verymad:

·
Registered
803 Posts
up here they have to be ruff to stay alive. These hog are russian and mean as gators. I have seen they throw a dog 20 feet and run to hit him again.They are not afraid of anything including people,They will charge you same as a dog. But it culls the men from the boys.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have plenty of'em down south too.A good bay dog knows to stay back and not pressure one.People started releasing them into the wild back in the 80's thinking they would make good trophy hogs. :smack: And they do as long as you're not hunting them with dogs.They should have put some Listed,Duroc's or Tameworths and they would have had good "bay" hogs and "meat" hogs. They grow off fast and lots of good meat. :wink: A good boar hog with some age on'em knows they can whoop a dog. A PRESSURE dog will educate a boar hog. Don't get me wrong,I have done a fair share of sewing up dogs. Mine AND others........................... I prefure a WOODS dog to bay back 20 feet or so. Less wrecks . :up:

jj,if that dog would have been back that 20 feet he would have already been ahead of that hog. :fit: Sounds like you need this BMC pup I have. :drool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jj,I'm about 15 miles south of Pine Bluff.About two miles off the highway. The picture is not a good one.The black pup is a little younger,hasn't been hunted much but he could be bought too.Not as ruff as the BMC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.