Small Frame CCW with safety?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by BigCountry11, Dec 12, 2012.

1. BigCountry11

BigCountry11 Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

My wife is wanting a small framed Concealed Carry pistol but she is wanting one with a safety. I have talked until I am blue in the face about the reasons you don't see many if any small framed pistols with a safety but she is not hearing it. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on some small framed pistols with a safety?

2. eddie.sandefur

eddie.sandefur Active Member

U mean one like a pocket pistol? I suggest the colt defender. Is a 1911 but its made with women in mind. They have the beaver tail plus the ambi thumb safety. They are also single action so if the hammer isnt cocked it will not fire. Probly one of the safest out there. The downfall is that its a 45 but if you want one shot stoppage then it doesnt get any better

3. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

Ruger LC9. Small enough to conceal, big enough to shoot accurately.

4. Grizzly16

Grizzly16 Well-Known Member

Smith and Wesson M&P shield has a safety as well.

5. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

The S&W M&P Shield has a safety. It is very small so it doesn't get caught on anything. The S&W Bodyguard 380 has one as well.

6. Bryan Manning

Bryan Manning Well-Known Member

Just bought my wife a sig p238 we put the rubber sig grips on it. She loves it and it has a thumb safety that comes off quick.

7. sam

sam Grand Member

They make the Colt Defender in 9mm.

8. BigCountry11

BigCountry11 Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Thanks for the input guys, I'm looking in to all of them!!

9. bslayer

bslayer Well-Known Member

nea
    My wife really likes her S&W Shield. But they are extremely hard to find right now.

10. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

S&W stopped manufacturing of the shield until first of the year is what I was told down at Mack's on Monday. And they have a list a mile long waiting to get one. I have one and I carry it everyday.

11. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

Ruger LC9 has been mine and I really like it. Try to shoot one if you can because it has a super long trigger pull. Is nice and smooth but long.

I personally like the huge ugly chamber indicator too.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  12. marshmallow

marshmallow Well-Known Member

Crossett
    Smith & Wesson Shield hands down...

13. Houston boy

Houston boy Well-Known Member

i wouldnt recomend a semi auto for a woman, as they can be hard to chamber a round, ya know the frame so small, and the action hard to pull back. a small hammerless .38 revolver. it may just be me. the revolver is a simple failsafe weapon. alot of women are not as farmilliar with guns.

14. arbullet

arbullet Well-Known Member