Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,674 Posts
I think if I didn't already have a bunch of other cut on contact blades I would be buying a set of slick tricks. Great blade from what I hear and Arkansas made.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Work well for me and fly good also. I shoot magnum 100s. Not super expensive. $28 a 3pack. But u need to shoot what flys well for you. Good luck because there is bunch of new broadheads out there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Switched last year and shot two deer, complete pass throughs at 25 and 15 yards with an Elite Z-28 pullin 62#'s. Great blood, and they are still in good shape after shot. Just need a little sharpening. Fly just like my field points. A+

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
They're one of the best out there. I've been using them for several years now. I've killed numerous deer, a few hogs and four different species of African antelope with them. And they're an Arkansas company. I use the 125 grain magnums.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
I love the way they fly, how bullet proof they are made, the holes they leave, and the fact that they are made just up the road. The ONLY reason they are not on the end of my arrows is the annoying whistle they made when I shot them. If a deer heard it, I imagine it would be about the last thing it heard, but it just bugged the crap out of me. Sounded like a loose fletching. Apparently everyone does not get the whistle, so I may give them another try one day.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I shoot the magnum 100s, and love the way they fly. Been shooting them for about 4 yrs now,and every deer shot had complete pass throughs any where form 15 to 40 yrds. Watched many fall within sight.

·
Registered
180 Posts
:clap:I shoot the magnum 100s, and love the way they fly. Been shooting them for about 4 yrs now,and every deer shot had complete pass throughs any where form 15 to 40 yrds. Watched many fall within sight.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
After reading several threads like this one, I ordered a half dozen of them, and to be perfectly honest, I hated them. They look really tough, and that's the main reason I bought them, next to everyone talking about accuracy, but mine flew like honest to goodness, horse crap. So I sold them, and bought some more Muzzy's. Now, THEY fly like a field point.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love the way they fly, how bullet proof they are made, the holes they leave, and the fact that they are made just up the road. The ONLY reason they are not on the end of my arrows is the annoying whistle they made when I shot them. If a deer heard it, I imagine it would be about the last thing it heard, but it just bugged the crap out of me. Sounded like a loose fletching. Apparently everyone does not get the whistle, so I may give them another try one day.[/QUOTE

Hill farm I know what u mean about the whistle the slick trick makes its not all of them that make that sound I bought 2 packs of them and i use 1 pack for target practice. 1 of the heads in my target practice pack whisles just like a fleching is loose but it flys striat as the preacher on sunday. I would pick the slick trick over a muzzy anyday of the week.

·
Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
3,857 Posts
no better than any other broadhead, not even a rage. its all about how your bow is tuned and how well you perform when that big boy steps out broadside at 20 steps.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
I love the way they fly, how bullet proof they are made, the holes they leave, and the fact that they are made just up the road. The ONLY reason they are not on the end of my arrows is the annoying whistle they made when I shot them. If a deer heard it, I imagine it would be about the last thing it heard, but it just bugged the crap out of me. Sounded like a loose fletching. Apparently everyone does not get the whistle, so I may give them another try one day.
Same here, I hate the whistle.

·
Administrator
40,999 Posts
I shot em for about 3 years and loved em. They fly like field points and leave a big hole. I never heard any whistle though.

I tried a certain mechanical last year (first time in my life I ever used one) and liked it a little better or Id still be using em.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts