Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on here somewhere that a good way to skin squirrels is to gut em in the field, soak them with water and make an incision across the back. Then using a water hose tied up to run water over your hands EACH time you touch the meat, pull the hide of to the front and back. I tried that today and WOW, only 1 hair on my first squirrel ever cleaned that way.

Whoever recommended that, thanks.

·
Registered
14,380 Posts
I've been doing them that way for a couple years now, and it is awesome. In fact, I just keep ziplocs in the truck. On the way home, I just swing by the lake. Squirrels get cleaned, rinsed, and bagged. The fish even get a little lunch out of it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
That's roughly the way I do it. I make less cuts than the guy did, I leave the hide on the back legs and hang them on a nail or barbedwire fence to remove head and entrails and feet. I get an assembly line going and I can clean 8 faster than I can clean 3. I have never done it on camera, but I can skin 3 to 1 with most people, but then we were poor and I have had lots of practice growning up, and squirrel is still my favorite meat. Can't skin one with anyone helping me worth a flip though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.