Simple Question???

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Tink, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

It's awful what happen today and it seems that it's happening more often.
    I notice tho and it came up today in a conversation about school shootings and such.

Does it seem that it's always in the north or west more than its in the south?

My answer was yes it does come to think of it. Now not saying we have it the south so please don't think I said it all happens up there and over the other side.

Second question was wonder why?

My answer maybe us dumb, southern, hillbilly, redneck, inbreed, gun sling idiots know how to raise are kids. Then again maybe I'm wrong seems I am always wrong.

So what would your answers be?

My prayer go out to the parents, teachers, and school.

2. Ruger

Ruger Well-Known Member

I'd consider the information superhighway/ gaming.

Look at what is posted on a daily basis. Doom and gloom. Depressing state of affairs, murders, unfair politics and the constant heaving of worsening conditions (doomsday, fiscal cliff, wall street, corporate affairs, riots, wars and so on) It brings people down. So far down, they snap. When they snap, things like this happen. And, no it's not acceptable but how do you fix it?

Video games glorify killings. The graphic detail put into those games makes it seem real. It de-sensitizes the moral capacity of young minds.

Is this confined to just the US...no. It is a global problem.

3. Jonesboro.....Paducah Kentucky??? Those were some of the first I remember.........................

4. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

If it happened at Westside (Jonesboro) it can happen anywhere.

5. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

People who believe there is no God, generally see their futures as dark and dead-ended. They become depressed and psychotic! Jesus means nothing to them, and in this case Christmas is meaningless. Winter is the darkest part of the year and depressed people usually are at their worst. We have removed hope from our schools....we have removed hope from our society. We need hope and light to survive, without it we become animals.

6. CDay

CDay Well-Known Member

Very good post John and I agree. I can not imagine someone who knows God and Jesus Christ, would not do such a thing as these types of shooting. Now I did not say they attended a church regularly, but at some point in there life they had been exposed to God and Jesus Christ. I was once told that once someone gets to know God and Jesus Christ they than recieve a conscience that helps to decide what is right or wrong. That does not mean someone will not do wrong, but at least there is that little voice telling them what they are about to do is wrong.

I feel that all the media coverage of these shootings are one of the biggest problems with these occuring anymore. Example someone is down and out at the end of their rope thinking about suicide, but sees all these coverage and special programs aired over these shootings starting thinking well if I am going to end it today might as well go out with a big bang so at least several will know who I am and what I did for years to come.

7. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Yep and Texas but read my post and my answers it seems it happens more in the northern states and western states. I know we have a few down here but, think the northern states and western states have more.

8. Exposure to a gun...

Down here in the south, you are probably introduced to a gun as soon as you're old enough to pull a trigger. Therefore, we know what a gun will and can do.

Curiosity killed the cat... Or should I say, Human curiosity fueled by stupid reasoning killed others and himself.

9. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

if you the simple answer to your simple question, they happen all over
    see this map.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map

if they seem a little more in the NE and West coast think of numbers. they have a hell of a lot more people so if 0.001% ( i made this number up) of a population is this crazy chances are it will happen where there are more people

10. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

mwmwbm is right

also, its white males that do mass killings by and large, rarely black or brown skinned people (serial killers are a different story)

rarely used are "assault" weapons, its mostly handguns

11. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

It's all psychological.....the closer to the end times; the worse it gets. Taking away guns won't have any appreciable effect. You can cause mass murder in any number of ways, the least of which involves automobiles. I recall, buses, tanks, poison pills, nobody talkin bout banning those.:rolleyes::whistle::shrug:

12. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I am not sure that belief - or non-belief in a a supreme being has anything to do with it. Some of the most vicious wars/suicide bombings/killings have been in the name of religion.

13. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

The question does it seem to happen More in the north and west then the south. According to this map only 15 in the southern states compare to butt load in the north and west. So it answers the question it does happen more in the north and west then the south.

14. It's nothing new ....it's just come more to our soil. And what is scary is that nuts have this fixation with killing innocent people like kids..
    Here is a list I found of other mass murders....it's been going on since man figured out how to kill.....whether with stick,rock or gun....man will kill man.......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_murder

15. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

the south has 15 (if you exclude texas) of 61 that is 25% and the other 3/4 for the rest of the entire USA seems proportional to me. Now if you include texas it starts looking like the south has a larger percentage relative to the rest of the county.

16. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

'
    '
    For the most part it is in the most ungodly places in the country. Without God there is no moral compass. With no compass there is no direction.