Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and the youngest ranch hand went to Pop's Pond today. We caught a bunch of small bass and a few nice bream. She was whipping the water to a froth with that little UL rod and chartreuse beetle spin. We are gonna go back with a tube of crickets and catch a mess of those bream to eat!
IMAG4007.jpg
IMAG4005.jpg
IMAG4002.jpg

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Good times and probably helping the pond removing a few fish. I’m going to hit the neighbors pond soon and see if I can get he and I a mess of crappie and bream.

I got a lot of good pond memories as a kid and with my kids as well.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
great post!

My dad never took me to no pond, we lived on a boat on the river so water was a norm. I looked forward to going to the lake in the winter to auger a hole out big enough to pull walleye through. I hated cold then and I hate cold now so nothing's changed in that sense.

When we moved here, I met this girl who owns about 3000 acres not too far from here. Some of it is leased out, some of it is farm land (hers) and some is just untouched woods. Lots of ponds. We rode the 4 wheelers out to one of them, her riding on her lonesome and I carrying the tackle box and 2 fishing rods. We get to the pond, and I could have cared less about fishing--the place was stunningly pretty, up on a ridge overlooking everywhere it seemed. Plus I had a pretty girl with me. Well anyway after I got less interested in all that and more interested in fishing, decided to look for bait. She'd already caught several nice gills on I think was a trout magnet. I found some grasshoppers and hooked them. Bang, more bluegills and good sized ones. Wore that hopper out and threw another on. casted way out to the other end of the pond and it sat there. Nothing. Disappointed. She was laughing at me saying you ain't got no bait, and I figured she was probably right. Reeled it in and hung up. Dangit. Log. Nope! I don't know what kind of fish it was but it had to have been 20lbs or better, maybe a catfish dunno-I was playing it and she grabs the line with her grubby hands and the line breaks.

Never forget it. Mostly the fishing, don't think about her much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts