Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i went to archers advantage to get my bow sighted today. When i shot there the sights were on and i could hit the target. when i come home at the same yardage i am always going left, and cant hit center target. any suggestions.

·
Registered
816 Posts
What yardage did you shoot at the shop vs at your house. If your hitting a dot at 10 yards it may still have been left but you didn't really notice it till you stepped to 20 yards. Also grip pressure along with to much contact into your face can cause left right issues.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
Hey guys, i went to archers advantage to get my bow sighted today. When i shot there the sights were on and i could hit the target. when i come home at the same yardage i am always going left, and cant hit center target. any suggestions.
Follow through, stop trying to see where it went, you'll know that when you retrieve your arrows!:razz::biggrin::up:

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you sighted your bow in indoors the lighting is probably your problem. When shooting indoor 5spot( with bow shooting spoton) and then taking the same bow outside to shoot 3D tournament I an most others have got to readjust the sight left or right , the up an down is ok most of the time.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
If you sighted your bow in indoors the lighting is probably your problem. When shooting indoor 5spot( with bow shooting spoton) and then taking the same bow outside to shoot 3D tournament I an most others have got to readjust the sight left or right , the up an down is ok most of the time.
I noticed that too, I had one stand where the sun came up to my right, and went down on my left. At around noonish, I hit everything I shot at! Lol

·
Registered
31,144 Posts
Great post, and absolutely accurate.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Also...this is just me, but I could sight in on a bag with rings and hit the bullseye, but if I shot at a 3D target, I would hit a little different because I wasn't picking a small enough spot. Make sure you're consistent with how your pin settles on the target. For example...some people cover up where they want to hit with the pin. Some hold it right below it. As for me, I hold the edge of the pin right next to what I want to hit. O•----
So if the "O" were the bullseye, and "•----" was the pin, I would hold it right next to the spot I want to hit. That way I never lose sight of what I am aiming at. Just a thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.