Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winds are gonna be calm, it is gonna be clearing, the temps will be nice "in the upper 50's-60's", and the front is threw the whole state. I am gonna try to be on the stand by 430 or so. Anybody else going out on this perfect evening ?

· Registered
1,391 Posts
If God is willing and the dang ponds will quit flowing over the levy's I will be there at 430. I may need a raft, but where there is a will there is a way. These rains have killed my farm. It is saturated + some. Good luck to all. Have a great evening.

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it was a super nice evening. I got on the stand at 430. The deer showed up at 500 sharp. I think my smart doe came right under my stand this time. She got wind of me and was GONE. After she shot out of there every deer in the wood started blowing. Anyway I had fun, and maybe next time !

· Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Winds are gonna be calm, it is gonna be clearing, the temps will be nice "in the upper 50's-60's", and the front is threw the whole state. I am gonna try to be on the stand by 430 or so. Anybody else going out on this perfect evening ?
Yup...it sure was...I dropped a muzzy into the boiler room of a big ole doe I been after....she went about 30 yards and expired!:thumb: Thanks for the right on prediction!:clap:

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup...it sure was...I dropped a muzzy into the boiler room of a big ole doe I been after....she went about 30 yards and expired!:thumb: Thanks for the right on prediction!:clap:
Good job bud ! My girlfriend showed up about 5, about 4 feet to my right. I couldn't get a shot at her, and she finally got wind of me. There was no wind from 6-7...if she only would have came then ! Anyway, congrats, what time we eating ? :biggrin:

56,584 Posts
Good job bud ! My girlfriend showed up about 5, about 4 feet to my right. I couldn't get a shot at her, and she finally got wind of me. There was no wind from 6-7...if she only would have came then ! Anyway, congrats, what time we eating ? :biggrin:
Lunch and dinner every good Arkie knows what time that is:fit::biggrin:

· Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
I was in the blind for a little while yesterday evening. Didn't see a whole lot. Heard a bunch of turkeys though.

As i'm leaving I swap the cards in the camera. About 10 minutes before I walked down to the blind there were 4 doe about 8 yards from the blind. About 15 minutes before that there were about 20 hens in the same general area.

I gotta start taking off from work earlier.

56,584 Posts
I was in the blind for a little while yesterday evening. Didn't see a whole lot. Heard a bunch of turkeys though.

As i'm leaving I swap the cards in the camera. About 10 minutes before I walked down to the blind there were 4 doe about 8 yards from the blind. About 15 minutes before that there were about 20 hens in the same general area.

I gotta start taking off from work earlier.
:eek::eek::eek::razz::razz::razz::fit::biggrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.