Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag. and I'm wanting to put a stock with a pistol grip on it. Several that I have looked at list that it will work with the Mossberg 500, 590, & 835.
Then there are some that list only the 500, & 590. My question is do you think that those would also work on the 835? If they would I could get by a little cheaper, than having to buy a kit with a forend that I don't really need or want.

JR

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
That's a hard question.Maybe,maybe not.I would say if it does'nt say 835,It probably won't work.But It might.Hate to buy it without knowing for sure.

·
Administrator
81,503 Posts
When I had my 835, it had a wood stock and fore end. I replaced it with a synthetic stock and forend advertised for the 500 series and 835. The stock fit fine but I had to widen the channel in the synthetic forend a little for the larger 835 barrel to sit in without rubbing the forend.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
You don't need a pistol grip...just a waste of money in my thinking....but if you just hafta have that incovenience sticking down in your way, I'd say yeah, 500, and 835 are pretty much alike...I'm going on the comparison of my 500, and my son James 835.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts