Shotgun Help for My Daughter

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by CypressValleyMeatCompany, Dec 17, 2012.

1. My daughter is going to be on the High School shooting team in the spring, looking for ideas on the best gun for shooting trap and sporting clays for a petite 16 year old. She is a good shot with a rifle, and has a youth 20 ga. pump, it kicks like a mule. Need something affordable that won't kick, maybe an automatic or an over/under that is a 12 ga.
    Thanks in advance.

2. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

An over/under is probably going to kick too much also. My daughter was also petite at one time and used my 12 ga Benelli Montefeltro from the time she was 12 yrs old. Auto - fairly light - nice shooting gun.

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Try and find a dealer somewhere that has a few they'll let her shoot before y'all buy. I'm sure you've been shooting long enough to know that everybody likes/dislikes a gun for different reasons. Good luck to her in her new hobby!

4. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

My 12yr old son has been shooting a Xtrema II since January. He has shot trap/skeet with me for hours with zero problems. He is 5'9" 125lbs. Since they don't make them anymore you can pick them up for a good price.

5. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    My GF is shooting the Maxxus this year and she shoots real good with it and says it feels better to her than any other shotgun she's shot.

6. demented

demented Well-Known Member

The old tried and true Remington 1100 is hard to beat, that is if the new ones are still worth a hoot. My 15 year old 1187 has been faultless. I've seen scores with the Remingtons that will match those of shotguns costing four times as much