Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was kinda impressed with myself.

I shot from 30 yards and all hit lung vitals. Groups weren't real tight, but weren't bad enough to give me "flyers" or bad hits. I didn't know how I would do since I haven't shot my bow in forever.

Also, acquired a few ticks and chiggers...but shooting my bow fired me up.

How much longer? I'm ready for October...:up:

·
Administrator
41,150 Posts
I shot a little bit the other day myself and was also suprised at just how good I really am (at targets in my backyard anyway :rolleyes:).

Put a live animal or a target at a 3D shoot in front of me though and its a whole 'nother story. :smack:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
For me, the first time I shoot after a few months off is usually pretty good. Then it goes to crap the next two or three times I shoot. Then it gets better from there. I think it's because I expect to shoot poorly the first time out, so I concentrate on my form more that normal.

·
Registered
14,436 Posts
I started shooting early this year since I got a new bow in March, but it's getting serious now. I'm starting to get the feel of the new bow and getting some awesome groups.
I had to take the STS off though. It comes off the bow just below the grip, and it was interfering with my bow arm. That's something I'll have to bear in mind next time I buy a bow. It's still pretty quiet without the STS, but it was REALLY quiet before!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Now you've made me want to go shoot some. Last month I gave my bow to my step son. I've got to hurry and find another one this month. I've been looking at the new PSE line.:pullhair:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Now you've made me want to go shoot some. Last month I gave my bow to my step son. I've got to hurry and find another one this month. I've been looking at the new PSE line.:pullhair:
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/sho...age=2&osCsid=ea897e9bab9d19b044df7bdf5716a05b

This place has some closeouts. When I spoke with Lancaster on the phone customer service guy told me that not all of the bows are 2007 models though, so if something interests you call and they will tell you what model year it is.

·
Registered
14,841 Posts
Nothing wrong with buying a bow from a catalogue or over the internet. However, NEVER EVER buy a bow without shooting the kind you want first and finding out exactly the size you need and if you really like it. Then if you can find a good price, go for it. I know that shop owners don't like this, and i don't blame them. But, it's a free country.

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
I had to move my 3D target out of the way the other day while getting some stuff out of the storage room. That got me to thinking about shooting so I'm probably going to give it a go here in the next week or so.
I just bowled 9 games tonight so I might need to give my arm a rest before I start shooting. :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.