Shores Lake gone dry?

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by miketyson26, Dec 19, 2010.

1. miketyson26

miketyson26 Well-Known Member

I don't normally post in the fishing section but I do fish sometimes. And one of my favorite little fishing spots is Shores Lake. I stopped at the overlook today after muzzleloader hunting and noticed you could walk across the north end of the lake! Theres water by the dam but its 8 or 10 feet down. The north end of the lake is dang near bone dry!

Did game and fish drain the lake for some reason or has the dry spell really gotten that bad?

Miketyson26 :flag:

2. wrecker19

wrecker19 Well-Known Member

Is the creek flowing in dry as well?

3. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    With as little rain as we have had around here, I'm not surprised. It pretty well dried up on the north end a couple summers ago. Then again, most of the north end is only 3-5 ft deep when full.

4. miketyson26

miketyson26 Well-Known Member

Pardon the cell phone pics but I didn't have another camera with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miketyson26 :flag:

5. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

HURRY!!! Before it's too late. Go place some strategically place brush tops along drop offs and points. Just be sure not to take photos and place them on this site if you plan on keeping them to yourself. :up:

6. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Believe or not, it was worse a couple summers ago. Cell phone pics look pretty good. I would imagine the north and west creeks are both pretty dry, but there should be water under the bridge.