Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, squarrels better look out. Great picture! How old is that little marksman?
He is 10 years old and really likes to hunt and fish. He lives in an area where it is difficult to get to a range so most of his shooting experience occurs when he comes to visit us.

Ole softy Grandpa gave him a new 30/30 this morning before they started home to Alabama. He can also shoot a 30/30 very well.

His dad, my son takes him fishing quite often. :thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
He is 10 years old and really likes to hunt and fish. He lives in an area where it is difficult to get to a range so most of his shooting experience occurs when he comes to visit us.

Ole softy Grandpa gave him a new 30/30 this morning before they started home to Alabama. He can also shoot a 30/30 very well.

His dad, my son takes him fishing quite often. :thumb:
Dadgum that little rascal looks familiar!:head:

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a 14 year old that out shoots me.
It is getting hard to compete against the young eyes. However, there is a lot of training to do on locate game in the woods and estimating distance. Last fall he could not see an 11pt buck right out in front of him at 80 yards.
I remember in Army Basic Training where you had to find a target and point a pistol shaped stick at it and estimate the distance. It was good training for someone that has never spent much time hunting and finding targets. :thumb:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sly you don't know how much that will mean to your grandson. I know I have a .22 from my grandfather after he passed away and single shot .410 he gave me when I was three and they are by far some of my favorites. As for the outshooting I've been outshooting my dad for a few years now. 50 year old eyes just don't quite keep up with 19 yr old eyes. I still think he is just as excited to see me put one down as he is when he tags a deer, but that is probably because when I kill it he doesn't have to do any of the work!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.