Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
Nice finds. I have one matched set and maybe 2. The tree rats chewed up this one horn so bad I can't tell. How close together did you find them. I have read that once a buck looses one horn, the other one throws his head out of balance and he wants to get rid of the other ASAP.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice finds. I have one matched set and maybe 2. The tree rats chewed up this one horn so bad I can't tell. How close together did you find them. I have read that once a buck looses one horn, the other one throws his head out of balance and he wants to get rid of the other ASAP.

The 10pt was side by side. The smaller 8 was about 20 ft apart and the bigger 8 was found about 100yds and a week apart.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Very nice-I'm jealous..we've only found one spike, and one side of a buck we are really happy survived. Looks like your tripping all over them where you are:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Nice looking sheds.
This past weekend, while squirrel hunting, we picked up 4 sheds. All of them within about a 100 yard area. Of course I didn't find any of them. :smack:
Three of the sheds were from pretty good bucks. The surprising thing about this is they came from a lease that's notorious for shooting any legal deer that walks by.
Kinda crazy that we can find sheds there but have never founds sheds on our lease despite letting numerous bucks walk every year.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Do any of you avid shed finders have any suggestions as to your method of "shed hunting"?

Are you walking honey suckle thickets, fence rows, ditches, trails???

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do any of you avid shed finders have any suggestions as to your method of "shed hunting"?

Are you walking honey suckle thickets, fence rows, ditches, trails???

Thanks for your input!

I hit food plots and fields where we see lots of activity from about Jan to mid march aned just walk slow and look long.

My gosh, is that shed from an AR deer? Freakin' awesome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts