Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I think some of the pics I’m getting are shed bucks hard to tell. If they are does they are huge. No real good pics of their head.
Think we may have a bit of EHD this year. We found 3 dead bucks all around water. One was actually floating in the pond on Sept 16th. He was around 145. Another was 162 1/8, put tape on him. The other was just an average 7pt. The biggest still had velvet when he died

·
Premium Member
23,119 Posts
Think we may have a bit of EHD this year. We found 3 dead bucks all around water. One was actually floating in the pond on Sept 16th. He was around 145. Another was 162 1/8, put tape on him. The other was just an average 7pt. The biggest still had velvet when he died
That sucks bad

·
Premium Member
29,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just pulled cards yrsterday and I think they all still had not droped and , had a few with broke side/points . Had a couple still pushing each other around . View attachment 344431
I saw one with both antlers - still chasing a doe. He was crazy like they were in mid November. Doe crossed the trail in front of me, and I drove my ranger up to where she had crossed to get a look at here and a big bodied, mature buck literally had to walk around the ranger to keep from getting in the passenger seat. He was not stopping his pursuit.

·
Super Moderator
10,858 Posts
I saw one with both antlers - still chasing a doe. He was crazy like they were in mid November. Doe crossed the trail in front of me, and I drove my ranger up to where she had crossed to get a look at here and a big bodied, mature buck literally had to walk around the ranger to keep from getting in the passenger seat. He was not stopping his pursuit.
Had 1 on camera 3 days ago chasing a doe

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
You think they could breed this late ?
When would that put her dropping the fawn ?

·
Premium Member
29,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, it would most likely be a this years doe fawn coming in heat this late. Roughly 200 day gestation would put fawn born end of Aug. I had pictures of a spotted fawn early December this year. Usually only a single fawn is born to a one year old doe. Low percentage of doe fawns will breed - cant remember for sure - maybe 10%?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts