Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is right where my grand daughter and I had an encounter with this same buck last saturday. Pulled up today to pour out some feed and this antler was laying right where he fed for fifteen minutes and us with a crossbow that wouldnt fire. At least he is safe from us, now. Would have scored just under 150 with his broke of G4 on his left side.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Trunk

·
Registered
17,231 Posts
Just one last "in your face" shot across the bow. Hopefully you get him next year.

He prolly shook it loose jumping into your enclosure to feast on your corn. ;)

·
Premium Member
29,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think of it like this. It was probably getting ready to drop last week when the crossbow crapped out. Would have been a bummer if she had gotten him and had the antler come off in her hand.
I actually thought about that. Saw my local taxidermist at the store a couple days ago and they indicated antler could be reattached so you couldnt tell it ever came off. Antlers falling like leaves right now at my place

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Sorry to hear that but at least someone else didn't get him and he should be there for yall next year. On a lighter note there have been several deer jump that fence to wallow out a landing pad lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts