Seven Devils ???

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by snydedawg, Dec 4, 2012.

1. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in a back-up shooter this week????

I'm headed to deer camp at Collins... never been to The Devils.........

:flag:

2. sunny b

sunny b Well-Known Member

No water there.....hunted it all my life, used to be good.....now its a crap hole.....even if theres a few ducks in the delta ....that whole part of the state aint what it once was....

3. quackpipe08

quackpipe08 Well-Known Member

That place is creepy. You can kill a few woodies if there is some water, but never had much luck there and dont really care to go back lol.

4. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

X2... Same can be said for the flow. :down:

5. sunny b

sunny b Well-Known Member

Your right jake.....

6. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Guess I'll sit in a box then...... Thanks for the input.

Used to know some kids down that way that hunted Cut-off but never been there either. Dad said opening weekend was a lot of shooting down there.. but I can't imagine water being any better there either.

7. GoingTheDistance

GoingTheDistance Well-Known Member

There's maybe two weeks out of the year when it has ducks, but for the most part disappointment :dontknow:

8. WILDMAN44

WILDMAN44 Well-Known Member

There is definitely water there but I wouldn't worry about killin any ducks.

9. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Cabot
    Watch out for gators!

10. ARTom81

ARTom81 Well-Known Member

Been there, done that. Knee boots and no shells needed. The farms just to the east had some birds. Some, not many around. 7 Devils is alright for a woodie and merganser. Went opening weekend and it was a dud. Shoulda went to Felsenthal with some buddies and atleast got to see real water and some ducks.
    Overflow is about dry, Cutoff is dry or about.
    I can't believe how freakin dry it is for December, and hot.
    I think this weekend we're going to the MS river around AR City and try around Choctaw, that is good at times.