Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seriously we have had a group behind us hunting for like the las two weeks which is kool but omg there calling sucks donkey [email protected] sorry had to rant. they also shot me opening weekend. not to mention the sky busting that is going on.....whatev :rolleyes: Im thinking I need to go squirrel hunting right by them :fit: :flag:

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
I only have to come to the Waterfowl board to be reminded that I actually do not miss my waders.

- I do not miss standing in ice cold water to watch a few river chickens flutter around my decoys.

- I do not miss boat ramp fights, (Black River WMA)

- I do not miss "Pepper Fights" (Petit Jean WMA)

- I do not miss snooty, rich guys who think just because they are a DU sponser that I should thank them, or bow to them in some way!

- I do not miss getting to the spot I wanted, and having some jerks set up right next to me 30 minutes after I get my spread put out.

- Actually, I dont miss Duck hunting at all. Besides, ducks taste like liver! Yuck!

Thanks for reminding me why I quit duck hunting like the bad habit it was. :up:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I only have to come to the Waterfowl board to be reminded that I actually do not miss my waders.

- I do not miss standing in ice cold water to watch a few river chickens flutter around my decoys.

- I do not miss snooty, rich guys who think just because they are a DU sponser that I should thank them, or bow to them in some way!

- I do not miss getting to the spot I wanted, and having some jerks set up right next to me 30 minutes after I get my spread put out.

- Actually, I dont miss Duck hunting at all. Besides, ducks taste like liver! Yuck!

I totally agree.:fit:

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
I've got a friend with some private land that usually holds a few ducks. It's an easy hunt, and we don't have to deal with a bunch of unethical morons that like to hear themselves blow a duck call.

If I ever lose that spot, I'll hang up my waders. I'll NEVER go back to the public land circus.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
Thanks we need a few more guys like you...i wish everyone would quit.. More land for me!:biggrin: u dont miss em fluttering around in your decoys? :confused: Its a good thing u got out....cus u were in it for all the wrong reasons...it aint about the killin....yea everyone hates the idiots that skrew u over on public land...but hey, at least it keeps things interesting! :thumb: :fit:

·
Banned
991 Posts
Thanks we need a few more guys like you...i wish everyone would quit.. More land for me!:biggrin: u dont miss em fluttering around in your decoys? :confused: Its a good thing u got out....cus u were in it for all the wrong reasons...it aint about the killin....yea everyone hates the idiots that skrew u over on public land...but hey, at least it keeps things interesting! :thumb: :fit:
:clap:

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
I suppose I should have said "I dont miss all the trouble I had to go through and put up with, to see river chickens fluttering around my decoys."

I hunted everyday for years. Never missed a day. (It helped that I lived on, and Managed a waterfowl area at the time) It wasn't about the killing either so dont even go there. I loved it for what it was.

But I am happy I gave it up. Because public land duck hunting stinks! Public land duck hunters stink!

After working with the hunting public for 12 years I can tell you two things. The worst segment of the Hunting and Fishing population in Arkansas are Duck Hunters, and Bass Fisherman. Both have a huge chip on their shoulder and dont respect other user groups. (The best are Bream fishermen, and Squirrel hunters. They never bother anyone.)

No, I dont miss it at all. Just like the original poster, all duck hunters do is gripe and complain about everyone else. Like they think they own all the ducks.

Now if I could afford a private duck club to hunt on alone and only with close friends. I might hunt again. But I cant, so I wont. And besides, I dont befriend many duck hunters! :biggrin:

So you can have all my ducks. And yes, they still taste like liver! :cool:

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
seriously we have had a group behind us hunting for like the las two weeks which is kool but omg there calling sucks donkey [email protected] sorry had to rant. they also shot me opening weekend. not to mention the sky busting that is going on.....whatev :rolleyes: Im thinking I need to go squirrel hunting right by them :fit: :flag:
I have to wonder what they are saying about your calling! And raining pellets is a part of public land hunting. They prolly said you shot them too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I hate to tell you bud, but you're placing alot of good people here in an unfair position based on your past experience. There's an old saying that roughly goes, " It's better to remain silent and have some think you're ignorant than to open your mouth and erase all doubt." Now sure, you're entitled to your opinion.... but to come on the board and flame an entire group that you don't really know????? Not cool.

Donn, I feel your pain bro. Been my experience that those types don't usually don't stay with it long. Are you able to hunt during the week any? I seem to do the best during the week on public land.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

X2 :fit::thumb:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
But I am happy I gave it up. Because public land duck hunting stinks! Public land duck hunters stink!

After working with the hunting public for 12 years I can tell you two things. The worst segment of the Hunting and Fishing population in Arkansas are Duck Hunters, and Bass Fisherman. Both have a huge chip on their shoulder and dont respect other user groups. (The best are Bream fishermen, and Squirrel hunters. They never bother anyone.)

So you can have all my ducks. And yes, they still taste like liver! :cool:
Guess you have not hunted Petit Jean in a few years, them dam foreigners that squirrel hunt shoot anything that moves . Specially the little sawed off Loatins:censored: that squirrel hunt there.:rolleyes::mad::eek::frown:

·
Premium Member
7,833 Posts
the reason it tastes like liver is cause you overcooked it...........

public land duck hunters do not all stink. i have been hunting a WMA this year, and have not had a single bad experince. but on the other hand, as far as i know, my group is the only ones hunting it, lol:fit::fit:BG12

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
What?? My brothers and I used to hunt a certain island...and on a slow day we might resort to peppering each other using a high trajectory....Steve only had a double barrel 20 guage, so he always ran out of shell before me and Tom[using 12ga shells]! I never laughed so hard in all my life, watching steve shoot both barrels at the same time:fit::fit::fit: We all three wound up in the military:smack::fit::up:

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
public land duck hunters do not all stink. i have been hunting a WMA this year, and have not had a single bad experince. but on the other hand, as far as i know, my group is the only ones hunting it, lol:fit::fit:BG12
LOL! There you go! :clap:

Most duck hunters just have to deal with their own group of hunters in their party (their friends), and a few here and there they meet while out in the field.

But when you manage a public Waterfowl Area you meet all of them. The bad, obnoxious arseholes (most of them), and the good ones (there actually are a few good ones) The good ones were usually some nice kids who went to college in Russellville and were just proud to be out there. But the majority of public land duck hunters have a chip on their shoulders.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
LOL! There you go! :clap:

Most duck hunters just have to deal with their own group of hunters in their party (their friends), and a few here and there they meet while out in the field.

But when you manage a public Waterfowl Area you meet all of them. The bad, obnoxious arseholes (most of them), and the good ones (there actually are a few good ones) The good ones were usually some nice kids who went to college in Russellville and were just proud to be out there. But the majority of public land duck hunters have a chip on their shoulders.
hey bruin, did you use to let the WL students use the building out there on Petit Jean for get togethers say around 2000-20002? Am I thinking of the right place?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.