Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well who all will be hunting first daylight. I am glad to see the early date but unless weather is cooler I doubt I would shoot anything unless it was a really nice buck. I have found I will still go but not looking to shoot anything untill it cools down. There is nothing fun about messing with a deer in hot weather and when you have till Feb 28. You know there will be better days to shoot a doe for meat.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Well who all will be hunting first daylight. I am glad to see the early date but unless weather is cooler I doubt I would shoot anything unless it was a really nice buck. I have found I will still go but not looking to shoot anything untill it cools down. There is nothing fun about messing with a deer in hot weather and when you have till Feb 28. You know there will be better days to shoot a doe for meat.
Too Hot... too many snakes... too many ticks... too many chiggers... too much trouble!!!

· Registered
1,577 Posts
That time of year, they move a lot in the evenings. Ticks, snakes, skeeters and 100 degrees, what a great deer hunt. I will wait til it cools off, but will enjoy reading about all the deer shot. "I thought I hit him good, but couldn't find him" or "backed out til morning and the flies were fierce, buzzards terrible and coyotes had it eaten up". I can't wait.

· Registered
850 Posts
That time of year, they move a lot in the evenings. Ticks, snakes, skeeters and 100 degrees, what a great deer hunt. I will wait til it cools off, but will enjoy reading about all the deer shot. "I thought I hit him good, but couldn't find him" or "backed out til morning and the flies were fierce, buzzards terrible and coyotes had it eaten up". I can't wait.
Geeezzzz!!!!......

· Registered
305 Posts
Bad day huh? If not, d-bag of the day post right there!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.