self defense shooting

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by arc3162, Jan 6, 2011.

1. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it seem like more and more people are starting to defend themselves and not be victims to these thugs that want to take whatever they can get their hands on and hurt whoever gets in their way. From Joe's grocery getting robbed to the little girl with a pink 22. Do you think America is finally starting to get enough? I am proud to see gun owners getting a little recognition in a better light. Is America finally starting to pull away from the liberal anti-gun crazies that are convinced guns are the root of all evil? I do have to agree with them to a point though. Guns do kill people. Standing there pointing your finger and yelling bang isn't going to kill anyone. However, sometimes in self defense people need to be shot. If someone breaks into my house they better be pretty quick on the trigger to get me before I blow them back out the door.

2. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

AMEN! I've noticed more of these shootings recently too.

I'll add, if someone puts me or my family in a life threatning situation ANYWHERE, I'll be blowing them somewhere. May not be out of a door, but they won't like it. :thumb:

3. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

just having a gun isnt enough anymore though. As responsible gun owners we should practice ALOT for self defence situations. Yes buying a gun is a step in the right direction but a gun is nothing but a tool and it is useless unless you know how to use it under stress and pressure. Good luck guys.

4. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

I completely agree mossy. I was an MP in the military for quite some time. Muscle memory is very important when using a weapon. It is also completely different when you are in a high stress situation, shooting paper is much easier then shooting at a moving target that fights back.

5. Killing bad guys don't bother me one bit. That's why I'm not a bleeding heart.