Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second draw is scheduled for today. They got the first one done as scheduled, and I'm hoping they get this one right as well.

·
Premium Member
17,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this may be hard to believe, but the draw was delayed. Vendor issue which is weird because they never have issues.
I actually did laugh out loud. No sense in being mad about it at this point I guess.

It is comical to me they got the primary one done correctly and then jack up the secondary one.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
unsuccessful on both, on both draws. Been that way ever since they started the new system. No matter there is always a couple hundred jackels that don't pay for there permit. I will get a left over, hopefully. If the system doesn't crash again.....

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
And like most of you. Went thru the whole deal as required and came up with not a single permit. Nothing on the first draw nor this time either. Now my only hope is to try to buy one in sale. What makes me upset about the sale is anyone, be they went thru due process from the start or not has equal chance to buy a permit. Even if they never applied at all. IMO I think the folks who applied from the get go should have first chance at buying the leftovers before they go open sale. At least give them till 12 that day to buy one that they tried for all the way as required then after that sell to everyone.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
And like most of you. Went thru the whole deal as required and came up with not a single permit. Nothing on the first draw nor this time either. Now my only hope is to try to buy one in sale. What makes me upset about the sale is anyone, be they went thru due process from the start or not has equal chance to buy a permit. Even if they never applied at all. IMO I think the folks who applied from the get go should have first chance at buying the leftovers before they go open sale. At least give them till 12 that day to buy one that they tried for all the way as required then after that sell to everyone.
I think that is a great idea and I agree completely, but I doubt they feel like going to all that "trouble"...

I still find it odd how so many people seem to either get drawn for both, or nothing at all. I wonder if they release the numbers involved in this process anywhere? I suppose it could randomly work out like that every year (anyone know how many people get two, one, or zero tags drawn?), and maybe nearly zero permits are left unpurchased after the first drawing since hardly anyone seems to get drawn on the second. Anyone know how many were left available for the second draw? For any years? Then I guess a lot of people must decide they don't want to pay for their second draw choices and leave a lot of leftovers? Maybe there are barely any leftovers for sale? Are the leftovers almost always the least desirable WMA draws?

I may try to see what I can look up, but the AGFC is notoriously opaque... I'm sure if I asked them they'd just pass it off on the contracted service provider. It may all be properly conducted when they do finally manage to pull them off, but I'd personally like to know more about the numbers/odds, etc.

It appears to me that the vast majority of the first drawees must purchase nearly all of the 1st drawn tags on the highly sought after areas, leaving mostly only less desired tags on the table to even be drawn for on the 2nd draw. Since most people probably tend to put both of their choices into popular areas, the 2nd draw is likely only involving a handful of desired tags so most won't draw.

Unless the AGFC can document 90+% usage of these tags during the actual hunts via check-ins, they should either raise the tag costs to an amount to assure likely usage (ex:$50-$75 tags), and/or preventing the hunters that fail to appear and hunt that season from applying for the draws on the highly sought after WMA's for the next season or two.

I know people will find all sorts of reasons to dislike those ideas, but I guarantee you I chose not to push the buy button on the Kansas tag I drew online at ~$350 or so when I realized I might not be able to make that trip. I'd have thrown $10 or whatever AR tags are without thinking about it and just see if I could have made it when the season approaches. I for sure wasn't about to commit ~$350 or whatever it was on it when I wasn't sure I could make it, and now someone else who likely will hunt gets to go.

As of now, many people put in, pay $10 a tag, and then later decide if they want to go or not. It's just an option in the pocket for many, and many of them don't attend/hunt for a multitude of reasons and just apply and drawn again the next year, and so on... Those are issues I would work to correct if I was them...if they really cared.

If any of you know the answers to any of these questions or where this info might be available, please chime in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.