SE AR Public Land Slaughter

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by FroMan, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Man, there were birds everywhere this morning at an unnamed SE Arkansas public land hole.

Our shooting was less than stellar, but that's what you'd expect from less-than-skilled tree-top passerby shots.

We did end up getting at least one limit though...

They didn't deke very well but still flew around the hole a little bit enough for us to get em.

Good day on public land! Yall enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:biggrin: :up:

2. bub270

bub270 Active Member

Good hunt but get ready for the back lash on shooting the woodys.:fit::clap:

3. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Why backlash? It's duck hunting, that's a wood DUCK!

4. Oh you know me...

I didn't post this on purpose...

And I didn't anticipate any backlash...

:whistle:

:fit:

:clap:

5. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

x2

6. bub270

bub270 Active Member

no back lash from me, just reading some other post and looks like some people look down on shooting wood ducks, but looks like a good hunt to me. congrats:thumb:

7. 9oclockflytime

9oclockflytime Well-Known Member

Fro ... Did you walk in? With an older, kinda bigger guy?

8. Yes I did walk in this morning, but not with the aforementioned person. At least, not for this morning's hunt. :biggrin:

9. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Ain't no mallard purist here....I love me a good woody shoot!! :up:

10. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

Birds on a string beats the devil outa what I'm seeing on private ground in seark glad y'all had a good hunt. Any of them woody have bands? U can find them often in these parts

11. ursus

ursus Well-Known Member

Mallards are overrated anyway. Congrats. :up:

12. cacheman

cacheman Well-Known Member

I think most people including myself would rather shoot mallards, but hey if a woody flies thru, it gets shot or at least shot at. Good shootin guys! Be careful though there are some other threads on here, where you might be compared to the anti Christ.

13. Nah. The antichrist only shoots mallard hens and coot. :eek:

14. tlewi24

tlewi24 Well-Known Member

They're just jealous that they can't seek out and tame the very rare and elusive "Woodrow" like others can. :up:

15. x2 i think wood ducks are the best looking and tasting duck. plus them suckers are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast

16. tlewi24

tlewi24 Well-Known Member

X3 As much as I enjoy workin a group of mallards from just above the treetops and watching em circle staring at the spread and listen to them talk back to me right before they cup up and start falling into the hole only to be shot where the sun doesn't shine, I sure ain't gonna let a group of low flying woodrows try to sneak past right at shootin hours and take a :censored: on me just because they see I'm having a a cig and a fresh cup of coffee. :up:

17. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Those sneaky little devils just love to do that....That's why they must pay the ultimate price. :up:

18. SA_ArcheryGuy

SA_ArcheryGuy Well-Known Member

Looks like some nice bright yellow WRR paint in the background. If i'm right, kind of explains the nice woodie shoot.

19. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

x2:up:

20. Dang bo, those observation skills right there are impressive...but don't blow my cover too much. :up: