Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an excellent hunt this morning. I had been listening to this bird for several weeks, he had a very unique gobble, almost sounded like he had his head in a bucket. Anyway, me and my old man go in real early this morning and got to about 300 yds or where he had been roosting. Well this morning when he first gobble he couldn't have been much over 100 yds which put us in a terrible position right off the bat. 5 hours and about 100-150 gobbles later and I put the hammer down on him at 15 steps as he was whoopin' the fire out of my jake decoy. The plan was for my old man to get first shot since I got a bird in OK this week but when he gave me the "you shoot him" I didn't hesitate...Another memorable hunt that I'll cherish forever.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats BBD.

Why was 100 yards out a terrible posistion?
we were sitting in a 4 wheeler trail through an old bug cut, he was suppose to be about 300 yds on up the hill and fly down and come to the edge of the bug cut not roost on the bug cut and go up the hill :smack: just goes to show there is not patterning these South Arkansas birds....

oh he use to live between Mt Holly and Lisbon :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.