Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leave the gun at home, throw in a snoopy fishing pole and get after it! Ha, seriously, I believe as long as you do not have guns, decoys etc, you are ok. But read the WMA regs you are going to just to make sure.
That was my thought as well. I've been out and about during the split in the past but have never been stopped. Never stopped to think about it before now and wanted to make sure.

·
Premium Member
29,735 Posts
Take a camera. Wildlife photographer. I don't think it is illegal to roam around on a wma if duck season is closed. What prevents someone from scouting as long as you are off the area by 1:00?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The way I read it, as long as your not waterfowl hunting you can be out there until 2 am. There's nothing that says you couldn't be squirrel hunting, deer hunting or scouting for deer. As long as it's in season of course. These WMA's are good for more than just duck hunting.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
How I take it is you can be out all day if you'd like as long as it isn't waterfowl season. Don't the book say must be out by so and so time only during waterfowl season? I was wondering to cause I was gonna scout next week

·
Premium Member
29,735 Posts
Bayou Meto Regs:

No boats allowed from 1 p.m.-4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 28.
Exception 1 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 5, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 6.
Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
Mulberry Access (includes all of Salt Bayou Ditch to the confluence of Little Bayou Meto)
Buckingham Flats Access (includes Big Bayou Meto)
Cannon Brake Access to include Little Bayou Meto only within the Cannon Brake Impoundment

I am no GW, but I read that to mean you can be on BM in a boat between the hours of 4am and 1 pm (Nov 21 - Jan 28). Doesn't say you have to be doing anything in particular.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You will get a ticket. Doesn't matter if you have a gun, decoys, calls or not anymore. I found this out for myself on Wednesday at hurricane (luckily he only gave my uncle a ticket). He said they changed the law last year and unless it is one of the exceptions listed you will get a piece of paper that will cost you $205 after court costs. If I were you I would be off the water by 1pm

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
You will get a ticket. Doesn't matter if you have a gun, decoys, calls or not anymore. I found this out for myself on Wednesday at hurricane (luckily he only gave my uncle a ticket). He said they changed the law last year and unless it is one of the exceptions listed you will get a piece of paper that will cost you $205 after court costs. If I were you I would be off the water by 1pm
Duck season was still in on Wednesday. He asked about during the split, which is not duck season. Bayou Meto is the only one with a rule stating a date range I believe, which includes the splits.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Even at BM, during the closed split, you have to be off the water by 1 pm.
What if you walk in? I've always wondered this, as I've read the rule book up, down, and sideways and never could find where it stated that all hunters must be out by 1 pm, or even that you had to stop hunting (so long as you've walked in). Never wanted to push the issue to find out, but I've been tempted at times.

Can anyone find the rule that says hunting at BM is closed from 1 pm-4 am, or that all hunters must be out (regardless of boat ownership status)?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.