Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Grand Member
15,700 Posts
Minox ZA 5 HD 3-15x42 SF I've got 4 Minox scopes, a pair of binoculars and a spotting scope. I'm sold on the brand.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=minox_66430

They have their display model on sale for $449.99, I've bought several display models from these guys and have yet to get one that I could tell had any wear or handling marks.

I have one of these on my T/C Pro Hunter .300WM barrel, fix'n to head to Colorado with it soon.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't know about the best one but I put a Nikon Monarch BDC 4x12 SF on mine. I have been pleased with it.

I think the cost was around $425 or so on it. That was about the top end of my scope budget though. Can't speak for anything more expensive.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Have a Vortex Viper 6.5-24x50 30mm tube I believe. Got it on sale at midway for 399 maybe, it was over 1/2 off or something. Got a second for the .308. Have 3 of these scopes and they are very clear. Also have Zeiss, but the Vortex is a little cheaper, and the glass is awesome.

·
Registered
30,685 Posts
Leupold VXr. I used to say "no asian glass for me" but not sure now where Leupold gets their glass.

Best scope depends on how good/bad your eyes are.

·
Registered
11,372 Posts
I have leupolds on all my big kicking game rifles and Muzzleloader. I do have a 25 year old 2.5 to 8 that kicked loose on me and Leupold had it back in less than a month. The 35 whelen it is on broke a crosshair in a redfield the first time I shot at a deer with it. Other people have their choices that they prefer. I have had good luck with leupold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.