scope suggestions??

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by superlows10, Dec 9, 2012.

1. superlows10

superlows10 Well-Known Member

I'm looking into buying a new scope for my 7mm mag. I don't want something that will break the bank. I'm would like at least a 4x12 or so. Any suggestions would be appreciated

2. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I'ma big Nikon Pro-Staff fan. Good glass, sevice and won't break the bank

3. mhr7

mhr7 Well-Known Member

Get a Luepold and never worry bout it again.

4. FIRECAMP

FIRECAMP Well-Known Member

5. Tac130eng

Tac130eng Member

Cabot
    X3 or Swarovski but that could break the bank

6. CBD

CBD Well-Known Member

I agree on the Leupold. There may be better scopes, but the Leupold is a very good mid-priced scope.

7. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

Bismarck
    +1

8. superlows10

superlows10 Well-Known Member

So if I did go with the leuplod, which would be the best affordable one to go with.

9. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I think they make a scope called the rifleman or something like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

10. thumper113

thumper113 Well-Known Member

Some haven't been real happy with the rifleman. The new VX-1 is supposed to be as good as the old Vari-X II.

I also like the Nikons. My prostaff's are as clear if not clearer than my Luepolds.

11. sam

sam Grand Member

I bought a Minox ZA-5 3-15x42 from Camera Land ( a sponsor on here) for $379.00. They list for $629.00, Camera Land has them new for $500.00, but I got one of their "Open Box Specials". The scopes have been demos at gun shows or store, but never mounted on a gun. They still carry a full factory warranty. I mounted mine on my T/C Pro Hunter 25/06 barrel and love it. I've bought several scopes and a couple of pairs of binoculars from them and have always had great service and fast shipping. If you go to their site be sure and sign up for their monthly drawing , I won a pair of $400 binoculars 2 months ago. Here's the link to the Minox scope, scroll down to the bottom for the $379 price. Go to the home page to sign up for the drawing, this month they are giving away 3 pairs of Leica Binoculars on the 6th of January.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=66020

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  12. 42769vette

42769vette Forum Sponsor<br>A&A Optics<br>www.aaoptics.com

It depends on what your idea of "break the bank" is

13. AF2007

AF2007 Well-Known Member

redfield revenge. Have one on my 7mag and love it. Clear as day. You can usually find deals on these. Cabelas had one recently. They are made overseas with leupold glass to keep the price low. I have not had an issue at all with quality and I have put mine through the ringer.

14. rickm1976

rickm1976 Well-Known Member

Look at Redfield, Nikon, or Bushnell Trophy or Elite for RELATIVELY inexpensive scopes. Leupold VX II's and III's are a step up from those, but they would break my bank.

15. WILDMAN44

WILDMAN44 Well-Known Member

Check Samplelist.com it's where I buy optics. Great deals.

16. hogfan1

hogfan1 Well-Known Member

I've got a leupold on my 06. I got the gun for a high school graduation present. Spent what I thought was a ton (at the time) on the scope. I'm 30 now so it's been on there for 12 yrs. I have sighted it in once. I shoot it ever year before season and its always on. I have hunted hard over the last 12 yrs and it has never let me down. Mine is a vari-x II, 3-9x40.

17. bodi925

bodi925 Well-Known Member

tn
    Zeiss conquest!!!!!!!!!! Great glass. Assembled in the US! hard to beat for the price!

18. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

+1

19. Ekspurt

Ekspurt Well-Known Member

A Burris Fullfield II is a great scope for the money.

20. uncle a

uncle a Well-Known Member

Take a look at the redfield line, but if you want to stay under a 100 or so look at the tasco world class. I have one and have had no complaints, I paid a lot more for my bushnell and it's not as good a scope as my world class. Its no leupold but it ain't bad.