Scent killer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by chadburgess2003, Dec 29, 2010.

1. chadburgess2003

chadburgess2003 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever tried to make a homemade cover up scent?

What kind of cover up scent or scent eliminator do you think is the best?

2. lowellarcher

lowellarcher Well-Known Member

A few years ago I did the homemade one that they talk about on Archery Talk. It does work and its real cheap to make but I didnt care for it. It will whiten your clothes and oxidize anything that is metal. I believe they did a show on Myth Busters about it and it took away skunk smell.

3. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

They are all good, you can only make scent eliminators so many different ways. check the ingredients {spelling} in some of them and see what you come up with:up: I won't go in the woods without spraying down.

Carl

4. crookedwillar

crookedwillar Well-Known Member

Every year I make my own by getting green clippings,limbs,acorns,hickorynuts,leaves and persimmons about a grocery sack full will do.Don't over look small plants they are very aromatic get plants and cuttings from around the area you hunt use pine or cedar if they are in your area they are very aromatic. Break or cut limbs small enough to go in a big pot add other collections cover with a gallon or 2 of well water or spring water put on a stove bring almost to boil turn off heat cover and let sit overnight get a clean container pour though and old T shirt or some type of filter so you can spray it through a spray bottle store in a cool place should keep about 6 months longer if kept in fridge. It will look like tea so if you put in fridge label don;t drink. SCENT ELIMINATOR this stuff works great. you need 16oz distilled water 16oz peroxide 1/4 cup baking soda 1Tbls scent away liquid soap the soap helps it stick.Mix all ingredients gently or it suds up pour in spray bottle and use.It will take odors out or off a lot of things.I've used both for several years and they are both cheap to make.:up:

5. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I take a 60 gallon trash bag and fill it halfway full of oak leaves, then put all my hunting clothes in it the night before, and let it set in the bag overnight. Works pretty well:up: