Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
I sweat a LOT getting to my stands so I feal like I need the spray. Im fat and think I need to hunt up on top of ridges so thats why I use the spray
I usually use wildlife research or scent away. Not sure how much I believe in them, but I use them as much to cool off as anything. I spray before walking then bathe in it when I get on stand. The hotter I get the more I spray, really dont care if it works. I just want to cool down!

Registered
I mix vanilla extract in a spray bottle with water. When I go out and check my hunting area, I鈥檒l spray it a few times on the ground to keep the scent familiar, then hunting time I spray it on the bottom of my boots and my clothes.
A few years ago my brother said he worked with a guy that used this on his boots and I think he even said a drag rag. Said that guy told him he always had deer trail him up but none would ever blow out at him.

Registered
AR-14, cal.50 BMG, Semi fully-auto, 100 round clipizines, explosive bullets
A few years ago my brother said he worked with a guy that used this on his boots and I think he even said a drag rag. Said that guy told him he always had deer trail him up but none would ever blow out at him.
My experience has been that deer seem to like the scent of vanilla. It also seems to cover other odors well.

Registered
Things to remember. The peroxide based scent killers only kill scent created by bacteria and for the most part bacteria that it comes in contact with. If your going to use it spray the inside of your clothing not the outside. Second, the largest amount of scent generated comes from your mouth/breath and head so if you don鈥檛 address that the rest is moot.
Cover scents like dirt and cedar make us feel better but a deer deciphers thousands of scents on a hourly basis to avoid danger. Like this old timer told me once 35 years ago when all this technology and science rushed on the scene. 鈥淚f you fart in the kitchen can you still smell the chili?鈥

Registered
I take cotton balls and put a couple drops of cedarwood essential oil and pine needle essential oil then toss them in a space sack with my clothes and vacuum the air out. Seems to work really well for me.

Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
Ingredients for Scent Killer:

16 oz. (2 cups) Peroxide ( yes, I use the brown bottled stuff)

16 oz. (2 cups) Distilled Water or water from a dehumidifier

录 cup baking soda

1 oz. On non-scented shampoo (I use Hunters Specialties green shampoo)
(Or adjust amounts to whatever size you make accordingly)

Let sit for several days (1 gallon milk jug works good with lid loose) This recipe is also good for removing blood from your hands in the field after dressing your critter! No dried blood, presents a better image!

Super Moderator
They're all generally the same stuff. I have a DDW and a Scent Killer bottle in my truck that I rotate using. I just grab the closest.

Registered
Use a plastic tote for your clothes and put a cedar limb or two in a plastic sack in the tote with your camo. Maybe put a dirt scent disc in there. You won鈥檛 need any of that. When you pull your clothes out smells like dirt and cedar. Wait to change into your clothes when you get to your hunting spot.
I do same exact thing except with pine needles

Registered
What kind of scent killer spray do yall use? This seems to work good for me. Used camo dust last year and was very pleased but haven't found any this year. View attachment 331609
I use Wildlife Research Center鈥檚 SUPERCHARGED Scent Killer! Had a coyote come within 15 yards of our blind鈥 didn鈥檛 see, hear, OR smell us! That鈥檚 good enough for me!

Premium Member
Been Bowhunting same area sense Sept 1st..
Sweating,ECT...
Got the Muzzleloader out..Oiled down, Blackpowder substitute... smells...
Saturday morning of Muzzleloader season...
Before Daylite..Deer walked right under me all day....Scent didn't matter..... Grunted this Buck in..
Plant Beak Wood Terrestrial plant Feather

Go hunting....

Super Moderator
Been Bowhunting same area sense Sept 1st..
Sweating,ECT...
Got the Muzzleloader out..Oiled down, Blackpowder substitute... smells...
Saturday morning of Muzzleloader season...
Before Daylite..Deer walked right under me all day....Scent didn't matter..... Grunted this Buck in.. View attachment 333485
Go hunting....
Since when did urban hunts allow MZ? They're only areas that opened Sept 1st

21 - 39 of 39 Posts