Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Elite V37, muzzy broadheads
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't do much except play the wind and thermals. I think most of it is a gimmick and snake oil marketing. But saying all that I have been looking at CAMO DUST. Have any of you used it and does it seem to work? I figured for $20 i would try it. Just curious if you have had any experience with it

·
Registered
921 Posts
I use it all and am a firm believer…especially while sweating my arse off early season and still have deer under me…with many many shot opportunities over my decoy. The deer are going to approach the decoy from down wind almost every time so you have to beat their nose for sure….and I do it with all the snake oil.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I didn't know it was still available. I bought it several years ago because it was all I could find, I thought it worked pretty good. I mainly use stuff like that on my boots and pants to help cover my tracks. It did stay on for several days.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I was sitting in a stand right on the river last year, slathered in all kind of scent control nonsense, and had several deer around that were paying me no attention.
As I was congratulating myself on my scent control regimen, some bass fisherman trolled by close enough for me to smell his cigar. Those deer didn’t even raise their heads. They had smelled and heard folks in boats in that vicinity all summer.

I have a food plot in my backyard, and my daughter can hunt it in any wind, because those deer have smelled humans nearly every day of their lives.

Mountain deer will spook a half mile away when the wind swirls.

Personally, I think scent control is way, way overrated. Just play the wind, and always be aware of what those particular deer are “pre-programmed” to tolerate or be alerted by.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I was sitting in a stand right on the river last year, slathered in all kind of scent control nonsense, and had several deer around that were paying me no attention.
As I was congratulating myself on my scent control regimen, some bass fisherman trolled by close enough for me to smell his cigar. Those deer didn’t even raise their heads. They had smelled and heard folks in boats in that vicinity all summer.

I have a food plot in my backyard, and my daughter can hunt it in any wind, because those deer have smelled humans nearly every day of their lives.

Personally, I think scent control is way, way overrated. Just play the wind, and always be aware of what those particular deer are “pre-programmed” to tolerate or be alerted by.
Water carries scent with it. Great strategy to hunt by moving water.

·
Registered
181 Posts

If deer busted every time they got a wiff of human smell. They’d run themselves to death

·
Registered
828 Posts
Had an older man that is a straight up killer tell me a couple years ago to throw all that spray and scent away detergent away and just was your clothes in baking soda. Wasn’t sure about it at first but hard to argue with his success. Noticed a difference instantly and now that’s pretty well the only scent control I use other then the shampoo and soap.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts