Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best scent controlling garments and why do you believe they're the best? I am curious because i dont own a piece of ScentLok or Trinity clothing... Thinking about gettign some new gear and wanted to get some outsider opinions. I have some sprays and cover scents, and always cautious of the scent on my outerwear.. wanting to know if there is one brand or technology that is better than the rest.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

A

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thought about getting some to but just don't know if I want to spend that much money on something that might not even help. I do like the way the scent lok stuff looks but it's a lot of money.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I bought a product called Carbon Sunergy. Check it out! It's good!! Works on the clothes you already have.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My aunt is a well known chemist at UAMS. It's the powder silver that makes the difference! One without the other is nothing! So "sucker" on that.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The main thing to remember is total scent "elimination " is impossible but scent control or minimization + trying to have the wind in your favor should be your goal.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
They are all a waste of money and ineffective. A deer smells better than your dog and your dog can smell your finger print on a tree 10 days after you touch it. The only way to beat their nose is to avoid it. Save your money and play the wind. It's been more effective than hunting gimmicks for humans for at least the last 60,000 years.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They are all a waste of money and ineffective. A deer smells better than your dog and your dog can smell your finger print on a tree 10 days after you touch it. The only way to beat their nose is to avoid it. Save your money and play the wind. It's been more effective than hunting gimmicks for humans for at least the last 60,000 years.
EXACTLY !!! The wind is the best way to avoid scent detection. To help eliminate and control scent I shower with and wash my hunting clothes in baking soda. It's very inexpensive and has worked well for me for years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I personally believe you cannot eliminate your scent but you can minimize it. And judging from my experience, carbon synergy will help you minimize your scent

·
Registered
271 Posts
I own both scent lok and scent blocker, I bought them cause I got them dirt cheap on clearance after the season, I wash them as directed and store them in a scent free container put them on out side of the truck when I'm ready to hunt spray down with scent killer before and after I get to my stand, and I've still been busted by them deer that surprise you and come in down wind. The best thing I've found to help with scent control is laundry detergent called eco's it's like 8 bucks a gallon at Wally World, scent and uv free!! I didn't get busted a single time this year and I had lots of encounters down wind, killed a 10 point with a bow 20 yards down wind, had 3 does and 2 young bucks feeding as close as 8 yards down wind for 20 minutes. My wife killed 2 of her deer down wind and both were 20 yards or less and they had been in front if her for awhile before she shot

·
Registered
13,992 Posts
My uncle invented the Atomic Bomb. Yeah go for it, If it makes you feel better!!
Lol.

It's more for the hunter than the prey. You will not beat their nose. Now they say, it makes them think you are further away. Bull!

It don't hurt, but I promise it don't help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts