Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to bow hunting and was looking for some suggestions on hunting boots as part of my scent control. I like mucks for the comfort and insulation, but not sure the uppers would be as good as rubber. I'm looking at the LaCrosse Alpha II but I don't if they offer the same comfort and support as the Mucks. I'm looking for something that can be worn all day and comfortable doing a bit of walking. What's everyone else wearing? Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Chris

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,005 Posts
I have the Lacrosse Alpha Burlys with 1000 grams of thinsulate they are 17" high (snake proof) and all camo rubber boot, I have had them for 3 yrs and I have walked miles sludgeing thru mud and water and climbed many a tree with them :thumb::thumb: they are still in great shape and when I need a new pair I will get another pair for sure...:thumb::thumb:

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,311 Posts
I think muck boots are just fine......The biggest thing is to keep them in a scent proof box and not put them on till you get to the woods. Then take them off when you are done and put back in the box.

I like the people who are putting gas in and standing in oil at the pump in there "go to the stand gear" :smack:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
lacrosse

Lacrosee uninsilated for early season. Get 1/2 size bigger put some good insoles in them. 1200 gram alpha's for the cold days. personally I can not see where the mucks neoprene is keeping scent in as well as rubber. Just my opinion though.

·
Administrator
90,713 Posts
I have the Lacrosse Alpha Burlys with 1000 grams of thinsulate they are 17" high (snake proof) and all camo rubber boot, I have had them for 3 yrs and I have walked miles sludgeing thru mud and water and climbed many a tree with them :thumb::thumb: they are still in great shape and when I need a new pair I will get another pair for sure...:thumb::thumb:
+1!! I've had mine for several years and they've been "rode hard and put up wet" and still just keep on going!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Great feedback. Now I guess its time to try on some boots. Appreciate all the opinions.

For those venturing out Wednesday; good luck and safe hunting.
I'll be heading out Thursday afternoon to see if all the killing of a target pays off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.