Saturday turkey sightings

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Juice, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

I gave one of my hunting buddies an early Christmas present Saturday with some good news. We were driving past his lease and saw 3 big gobblers in a creek bottom. At least 2 of them had paint brush beards, hanging very low. We drove another 1/4 mile and saw a flock of hens and young turkeys, totaling 12-15. It was awesome to see them in those spots, it's been a while.

We saw another turkey later during our trip, but couldn't tell if there were more, the sun was blinding me at the time.

2. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    It's great to hear more positive reports this year. Been a while since that was common. I heard some turkeys fly up Sunday evening and then saw a good sized flock yesterday, of which batcutman may have some access to in very close proximity.:biggrin:

3. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    That's great.
    Up here in Benton Co, I have not seen any birds this year, but I have seen sign several times. That's a big improvement for this area.

4. Just watched a flock of 27 work over a fence row in front of the house.. 5 rope dragers.. All looked very healthy..:thumb:

5. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Do you still have snow on the ground? I'll bet that was cool to see. I'm starting to get antsy about the season upcoming.

6. Yes sir still about 6-8 inches on the ground.. They were working the south side of a fence row that had thawed where they could get underneath the bushes.. They were back about noon today..:up: