Saturday Pig Hunt

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by huntbigbucs, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Me and my brother headed out Saturday afternoon to track down some pigs. We walked in about 3/4 mile to the backside of a hardwood bottom. Finally found a small group of pigs, probably about 8 in the group. There were two in the middle of the opening and I got the scope on them and it was two pigs mating. Between them moving around and me not having a rest, we decided to get closer. Got within about 60 yards and we layed down on a mound waiting for the sow to come back out. Finally a large black boar walked out and a black and tan. I guess he got excited and next thing I know he fires and hits the black and tan. The rest took off through the brush.

It was a boar hog, and had the worse smell I have ever smelled on one, almost to the point of making you nauseated. I think i can still smell him :smack:

We will try it again next weekend :thumb:

2. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Those boar hogs stink pretty bad all the time (or so I am told), but I can imagine that if mating is going on, the smell would be much stronger...

And the talk of pig hunting is killing me!!!!ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

3. live2hunt

live2hunt Well-Known Member

I got to watch 2 mate back during gun season......It was so beautiful!!!:smack:

4. Ike Brown

Ike Brown Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner

Pigs will be pigs!