saddle scope mount

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by limbhanger, Feb 11, 2008.

1. limbhanger

limbhanger Well-Known Member

Searcy
    Do any of you guys use a saddle mount on your turkey gun? If so, are they pretty solid? and do they scar the finish on your gun?

2. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

No just open sights for me.On the old mossberg pump.

3. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I had one on a BPS 3 1/2 12. Never had a problem with it. I have one on my wifes 870 Youth modle 20 and it too has been great. I think its the best turkey sight system ever. When I get a new turkey gun it will also have one.

Boom

4. t-bone

t-bone Well-Known Member

I have one of the weaver converta mount that just goes down one side. It is real solid. It sits up pretty high off the gun so you can still look down the barrell.

5. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is the problem I had with them. They sit up so danged high you'll knock fillings out trying to shoot! I bought one, was going to try it, and then took it to the range! Decided real quick that my fiber-optics were more than good enough.

6. reggie-2-guns

reggie-2-guns Well-Known Member

Reggie had one....until.....

One day he missed a bird and tried to make a second shot on a running gobbler. He assures you, the scope is worthless when you're in a runnin' gun battle with a turkey.

Do like JR1 and stick to the fiber-optics or iron sights.

7. wildgameassassin

wildgameassassin Well-Known Member

I have a B Sqaure model and it works great, put a high quality Red Dot (Holosight) on and be happy. If you own a Benelli or Remington you may want to try this http://www.swfa.com/c-2178-burris-speed-bead-systems.aspx It mounts between your receiver and your stock