Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys use a saddle mount on your turkey gun? If so, are they pretty solid? and do they scar the finish on your gun?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I had one on a BPS 3 1/2 12. Never had a problem with it. I have one on my wifes 870 Youth modle 20 and it too has been great. I think its the best turkey sight system ever. When I get a new turkey gun it will also have one.

Boom

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have one of the weaver converta mount that just goes down one side. It is real solid. It sits up pretty high off the gun so you can still look down the barrell.

·
Premium Member
14,537 Posts
I have one of the weaver converta mount that just goes down one side. It is real solid. It sits up pretty high off the gun so you can still look down the barrell.
That is the problem I had with them. They sit up so danged high you'll knock fillings out trying to shoot! I bought one, was going to try it, and then took it to the range! Decided real quick that my fiber-optics were more than good enough.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Reggie had one....until.....

One day he missed a bird and tried to make a second shot on a running gobbler. He assures you, the scope is worthless when you're in a runnin' gun battle with a turkey.

Do like JR1 and stick to the fiber-optics or iron sights.

·
Registered
715 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts