Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy duck hunted this morning in a little slough on the edge of a field. After hunting while we were picking up decoys I noticed this carcass. He lost a battle with the coyotes. Looks like he had been shot and his front leg was super swollen and had pus coming out of it. He had recently shed his horns so we figure he shed early due to the stress and coyotes caught him last night. There were bits of white hair a ways off from his body and fresh blood still on the ground. We're pretty sure we ran the coyotes off when we walked in. Pretty sad ending for this guy.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,567 Posts
Yeah, I woke up this morning to find the big button I had passed on several times, lying dead in my driveway. Whoever hit it must not have cared much for deer meat, the head was crushed, everything else was in perfect shape, except for one lower legbone broke. Dang thing was near froze, I figured it happened some time around 04:00 am, my dogs woke me up about that time.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Ive not ever found anything like that in the woods. That has always puzzled me. I think we have some deer that die of age or injury each year but we dont come across many of them. Makes me want to go walk every couple of weeks looking for sheds and stuff like this.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,567 Posts
Ive not ever found anything like that in the woods. That has always puzzled me. I think we have some deer that die of age or injury each year but we dont come across many of them. Makes me want to go walk every couple of weeks looking for sheds and stuff like this.
Found a doe once like that, wasn't much left except some hide and intestines with 2 little bitty fetuses....never figured out why the 2 littlens didn't get eat!

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Yeah, I woke up this morning to find the big button I had passed on several times, lying dead in my driveway. Whoever hit it must not have cared much for deer meat, the head was crushed, everything else was in perfect shape, except for one lower legbone broke. Dang thing was near froze, I figured it happened some time around 04:00 am, my dogs woke me up about that time.
Salvage any of the meat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.