Rutting Coons?

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by fatherof4, Jan 8, 2011.

1. fatherof4

fatherof4 Well-Known Member

We have been having bad tracks for the last two or three weeks. And have found several doubles and lots of dens. I guess the rut is in for coons? Are we the only ones having this luck?:head:

2. englishdawgs

englishdawgs Well-Known Member

Same here. Has been for about The last month or so.

3. fatherof4

I was thinking that the rut is a little early this year or am I off on my timing?

4. englishdawgs

I Thought it was about right. But we have been seen rutting coons for about a month or so here. We have been Treeing alot of boar coons that RUN for a hour or so.

5. fatherof4

Yeah we been getting those bad bores too.

6. englishdawgs

I like to run them old boar coons. Love to here the Dogs run a long running coon.

7. fatherof4

I agree, but we are doing some puppy training right now and we need some hotter tracks. But the puppies are going the distance, so that's good and at 6 months. One actually split treed the other night on a den. That's good.:thumb:

8. englishdawgs

Them pups will learn more running a old bad boar coon tracks. Then they will ever learn running them easy pop up coons.:up:

9. fatherof4

Yeah, it makes better dogs for sure but would like it for them to get a few easy ones just to get their confidence built up. But they are doing good, for walkers. :fit: Just had to add that. They are a buddies of mine. I am a English guy but like dogs. :shrug:

10. englishdawgs

Well since you put it that way. I take it back they need some easy tracks or maybe even a coon turned Out in front of them so they can see it. :fit::fit::fit: LOL!!!

11. fatherof4

:fit::fit::fit::fit: Yeah, but seriously, they are from good dogs and have lots of potential. But yeah, that is funny.

12. englishdawgs

I couldnt help myself. I figure they are pretty good young dogs I hope they make some goodens. It dont matter what they are as long as the people that own them are happy with them. In the end the dogs dont have to impress anyone but their owners.

13. fatherof4

That is right.