Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,786 Posts
I've hunted some out at Pullen Pond later in the season and had decent days shooting a mixed bag. Also, up the river around Spadra can have decent days. Same thing with Ed Gordon.

But almost everywhere it'll be hit or miss. Some good days some bad ones.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Its usually pretty crowded, but usually you can get away from people at Ed Gordon, or Bell Slough east of Russellville they're only about 25 and 40 minutes away, Also West up around Coal Hill is Usually pretty good its about a 45 minute drive. I'd say these are really the only places worth hunting. Good Luck.:up:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Green Timber is right, the places he mentioned are the only places worth hunting and where to get away from people.........:whistle:. Personaly, I wouldn't send you driving to Bell Slough with a peaceful mind and letting you think that there aren't that many people who hunt there. More like a hunter behind every tree......... Hunt Russellville and ask Green Timber to take you with him.......:up:

·
Registered
143 Posts
uhhhhh...nope not worth the effort....:biggrin: Seriously, It does get pretty crowded down here. If I were looking for new territory and I lived in NW Arkansas, I would check out NE Oklahoma. I hear that there is some awesome hunting there. If I can, I'm gonna check it out this year.

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
Ed Gordon WMA is what soured me to public land duck hunting......Too many unethical, rude, and just downright ignorant people concentrated in one spot for me. Too many mornings we got there at 4:00 am to claim a spot just to have a group of morons set up 80 yards from us at shooting light. Screw that. They can have it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ed Gordon WMA is what soured me to public land duck hunting......Too many unethical, rude, and just downright ignorant people concentrated in one spot for me. Too many mornings we got there at 4:00 am to claim a spot just to have a group of morons set up 80 yards from us at shooting light. Screw that. They can have it.
That place was ruined the year that the Fishy Arkansas Game and frickin Fish Commision posted in the Democrap that there was "40,000 ducks at Ed Gordon with 20,000 concentrated in the Turkey Ponds area." There were people there from out of town, out of state and probably out of country on opening morning. Before that year, you could get in there and have some really good hunts. Now I wouldn't touch it with a 30 foot pole on the weekends.

AGFC at its finest.

·
Registered
884 Posts
uhhhhh...nope not worth the effort....:biggrin: Seriously, It does get pretty crowded down here. If I were looking for new territory and I lived in NW Arkansas, I would check out NE Oklahoma. I hear that there is some awesome hunting there. If I can, I'm gonna check it out this year.
My advice for you boys would make sure you get there plenty early. We pulled up at the ramp at 3:30 am last year, and we were late to say the least. We got to watch some boys pull the trigger. I bet 95% of the people had Arkansas tags. Good luck :fit:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
That place was ruined the year that the Fishy Arkansas Game and frickin Fish Commision posted in the Democrap that there was "40,000 ducks at Ed Gordon with 20,000 concentrated in the Turkey Ponds area." There were people there from out of town, out of state and probably out of country on opening morning. Before that year, you could get in there and have some really good hunts. Now I wouldn't touch it with a 30 foot pole on the weekends.

AGFC at its finest.
It is starting to get better. We had some good shoots there last year. I hunted up there in college before that infamous year you speak of and killed many limits and landed large groups, we quit going for a few years and we started going back last year and its not near as bad as before. Now Harris Break in Perryville, that is bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.