Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info that is being posted elsewhere about some boy's on a WMA up North East Arkansas way blowing a fuse this past weekend and got into a knock down, drag out fight over who has the right to hunt one of their Grand Pa's duckholes that ended up turning into a gun battle before all was said & done? Was told there ended up with a person shot in the goings on! From what is being said over where I read it, it states that the G&F is livid and is saying enough is enough about this and other things taking place on public lands and talk on the street is some MAJOR new reg's are being throwed out for consideration come next year!

Well, as I was told on another thread, "Time are changing so get use to it'!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Honestly I'm surprised (if true) that it took this long to happen at the rate things have escalated. Yet another reason I don't hunt public.

·
Registered
10,356 Posts
Info that is being posted elsewhere about some boy's on a WMA up North East Arkansas way blowing a fuse this past weekend and got into a knock down, drag out fight over who has the right to hunt one of their Grand Pa's duckholes that ended up turning into a gun battle before all was said & done? Was told there ended up with a person shot in the goings on! From what is being said over where I read it, it states that the G&F is livid and is saying enough is enough about this and other things taking place on public lands and talk on the street is some MAJOR new reg's are being throwed out for consideration come next year! Well, as I was told on another thread, "Time are changing so get use to it'!
I hope they ban rent-a-hunters......

·
Registered
168 Posts
A duck stamp/WMA/NWR permit should cost $250 bucks (cheaper than a Colorado mule deer or elk tag). Maybe then the people that are serious about duck hunting would spent the money. A draw is not going to work for anyone......but, some thing needs to be done before regulations are put into place that ruins the Arkansas duck hunting traditions.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,321 Posts
Exactly why I quit duck hunting, especially on public land! Anybody that gets that uptight about a hunting spot is a bird-brain!

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
A draw is not going to work for anyone......but, some thing needs to be done before regulations are put into place that ruins the Arkansas duck hunting traditions.

A internet based draw system will work if properly executed. I have little faith in AGFC's ability to do that.........

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's what happens when u put people in the woods that dnt no how to load a gun!! But that's what Arkansas duck hunting has come to and it's a :censored: shame bc there no other place n the hole entire world where u can find flooded green timber that our state on a consistent basis and it's all gonna go down the :censored: hole if something dosent happen!! And I wanna have my kids to b able to c what I've Gotton to c n my duck hunting years!!!!! Thanks idiots!!!!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts