Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry typo.....GP- 100

Just looking for some offers will let it go for a fair price.

Part of a trust that needs to be resolved by seling these last two firearms.

thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but I didn't realize this had turned into e-bay! I'm not a moderator, but I don't think the classified forum was meant to be used as a for sale/bidding site, as has been the case with several recent postings. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks......I agree I will set a price later today after talking to everyone. I have seen people take offers on here before, but I do agree that I need to to stay away from offers (or bids same difference). I love this site and will use it for its intended purposes.

Thanks, Gentry

Not to hijack your thread, but I didn't realize this had turned into e-bay! I'm not a moderator, but I don't think the classified forum was meant to be used as a for sale/bidding site, as has been the case with several recent postings. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The main reason I said something is because on a couple of the other forums I'm a member of, bidding caused a lot of problems in the "For Sale" sections, and the "For Sale" sections eventually were eliminated by the moderators because of it. I don't want to see that happen here, as this is a great forum, the members are good people located in, & surrounding Arkansas. Our Trading Post section is a great resource for our forum members. But, there are a lot of people on the internet that don't give a rip about AR Hunting, and don't care about being a member of our forum, but would love to find a place to sell something, and possibly take advantage of our members. No, bidding between members of this forum is not a bad thing, as long as it stays between us! Just my take on it guys, I should have explained my reasoning before.

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
The main reason I said something is because on a couple of the other forums I'm a member of, bidding caused a lot of problems in the "For Sale" sections, and the "For Sale" sections eventually were eliminated by the moderators because of it. I don't want to see that happen here, as this is a great forum, the members are good people located in, & surrounding Arkansas. Our Trading Post section is a great resource for our forum members. But, there are a lot of people on the internet that don't give a rip about AR Hunting, and don't care about being a member of our forum, but would love to find a place to sell something, and possibly take advantage of our members. No, bidding between members of this forum is not a bad thing, as long as it stays between us! Just my take on it guys, I should have explained my reasoning before.

Don't like the idea of bidding between the guys on here myself. It wouldn't bother me a bit if any of you got a good deal before I could get to it, but I can see how the bidding thing could turn into hard feelings.:skeptical:

:twocents:

·
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let's not start a debate in the Trading Post.

FB, Pat and I are going to talk a little about the "bidding". It will have no effect on this thread, but we'll decide about future ads.
Thanks MR. C

I never meant to open the proverbial can of worms. Just trying to have some fun with the fellow AHers. But I feel I jumped in with both feet and forgot my arm floaties !

I can see the possibility of problems with offers or "bidding", but I just never really thought about problems here. Heck I am not even getting any of the money for the guns, just trying to resolve some last issues of a family trust.

I am a more trusting person and never think far enough ahead that this could lead to that and misuse of the forum. I sell hunting items on the side and would never place them on here because I know that would be unethical.
So if I offended anyone, well I apoligize. Hopefully this will stop the discussion about forum and ethics. If you can't let it go, maybe you just need to lighten up a smidge and take it in good humor.

Price @ $320

PM me with anything else

Thanks to all .......Gentry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.