Ruger lcp

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by arbowhntr, Dec 30, 2010.

1. arbowhntr

arbowhntr Well-Known Member

I just bought a ruger lcp yesterday at academy for $320.00. It conceals very nice in my pocket. I haven't shot it yet but can't wait to get out and test it!

2. Hudson

Hudson Well-Known Member

Little sucker kicks for a .380!

3. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

A .22 that light would kick a little! :biggrin:

They don't give you much to hang onto, either. But the gun in your pocket is worth 100% more than the gun in your safe.

4. Hudson

Hudson Well-Known Member

I didn't think the kel-tec in .32 even had half the kick as the .380 lcp of the same size.

5. Jack375H&H

Jack375H&H Active Member

I have heard nothing but good about the LCP, from the folks I know that own one.

6. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

7. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

That is the deal in a nutshell. That little .380 fits into your jeans pocket in the winter and your shorts pocket in the summer. You don't even need a holster if you don't want one.

There is a big difference between a glove compartment gun & a gun you will actually carry.

8. GH1

GH1 Well-Known Member

A coworker has one and I thought it was a little more controllable than my Kel-Tec .380, probably due to the thicker grip and magazine extension. Soon after that I bought a mag extension for my K-T and found it helped controllability quite a bit.
    As far as the Ruger goes, it digested RN FMJ, JHP, and cast truncated Cone with no problems at all.
    GH1:biggrin:

9. arbowhntr

arbowhntr Well-Known Member

Appericate the link to the holster. that's diffently a holster I want!

10. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Got an LCP yesterday....shoots and handles real nice.......I got an Uncle Mike's Pocket holster for it, you never know its there..........Have some MagTech Guardian Gold 85gr Plus P rounds for carry.......

A friend bought one here a week or so ago and is having feed problems with his...using Winchester White Box Hard Ball ammo.......is any one else having a problem with their's ???

11. rp224

rp224 Well-Known Member

I have two of them. Bought them when they first come out. I was pretty set back at the 220.00 each price until now. Wow have they gone up. The wife and I had the Keltec which I like better except for they failed to eject all to often. I tried diffrent ammo, and let one of our firearms instructor fool with them. He concurred it was probably a good idea to get rid of them. I uppose it could be a bad run, but all the same the LCP's have fired without error over and over.:up: