Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love mine works great shot 2 deer this year dont like the stamped mags im going to order some of the new ones soon when i first got it was shooting 7 inch balloons at 400 yards hit 2 ot of 3 right out of the box
Did you put a traditional scope or a intermadiate scope on it. If i get one i was thinking of put a intermadiate scope on it but i've never shot a rifle with one.

· Registered
80 Posts
Standard 4x16 scope great rings. Come with gun. Call me crazy i just dont like the look. Of a scope all the way out frount the gun is a little heavy for its size but its built like a tank. Wish i could say same for mags

· Registered
4,120 Posts
I wish they'd drop the logo, ditch the cheesy flash hider and offer this as an "All-Weather" option.

The claim on mags was the quality issues of some M14 mags and the inch/metric and quality issues of FAL mags. I call BS on that. YES..... there are POS mags for both, but in time there will be for this one too!!!

I really like the gun and it's a Ruger, over built!!! Can't beat that. But the price point for the Gunsite name on the side makes it a no sale for me. I don't do hype very well these days.......just want things that work as intended and leave the "bling" for kids!!!

· Registered
6,802 Posts
I wish they'd drop the logo, ditch the cheesy flash hider and offer this as an "All-Weather" option.

The claim on mags was the quality issues of some M14 mags and the inch/metric and quality issues of FAL mags. I call BS on that. YES..... there are POS mags for both, but in time there will be for this one too!!!

I really like the gun and it's a Ruger, over built!!! Can't beat that. But the price point for the Gunsite name on the side makes it a no sale for me. I don't do hype very well these days.......just want things that work as intended and leave the "bling" for kids!!!
We are in agreement. They should drop tactiCOOL flash hider/muzzle break and put on a 20" barrel, drop the "Gun$ite endor$ement and design for M14 magazines. Oh well, would that Ruger listened to ArkansasHunting.net !!!! :whistle:

Did you notice that Ruger mag. is as long as a std. M14 mag. but with a 10 round capacity? They even state on the Ruger website that the mag. has a "Mini-14 style release", so I'd bet that it could be designed for an M14 mag. without toooo much problem... if it doesn't already. Honestly, a flush fit 5 round mag. would be good too, but the single stack design won't allow that.

OK, mods, let me know if this is too far off limits, or correct as need be... no ill intent intended!!!.... links to another forum follows, below. There is some good info. there, from some folks who are really "into" the scout-rifle concept.:
Apparently some folks have ciphered out that the Ruger mag. is from Accuracy International. Some reading on that is below:

http://www.scoutrifle.org/index.php?topic=735.0

http://www.scoutrifle.org/index.php?topic=912.0

Tommy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.