Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys one of the patriarchs of my moms family passed away last year and he was a huge part of our family reunion.
Each year we have an auction with donated items in order to raise money for the cost of maintenance at our family cemetery (mowing, weed eating, tree trimming, limb removal etc). Well Wayne was our "auctioneer" and his passing has left a huge void. His widow, Gail decided for this year to donate one of his guns to raise money. It's a Ruger 12ga O/U with screw in chokes and Gail said wayne only took it on one duck hunt and describes it as mint condition. I don't know what model it is but have been told they priced them over 1K on guntrader.com

We are selling raffle tickets for $5 a piece for a chance to win this gun and don't worry you don't have to be present to win and I'll be there to make sure if anyone here wins it that they receive the shotgun.

This cemetery is where my grandparents were laid to rest and where my parents, brother/sis in law and my wife and I will someday be buried.

Anyone interested?

If anyone wants tickets, send me your name, address, and phone number along with money for the tickets to

Matt Martin
204 Cockrill
Lonsdale AR 72087

·
Registered
206 Posts
I knew Mr. Wayne and he was a mighty fine man. I lived in Poinsett County for 29 years and I never missed a chance to stop by and visit with him when ever I was in Marked Tree. He was always kind to me and I never heard him say a bad thing about anyone. I will be glad to send some money in his honor. This world needs more men like him!!!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew Mr. Wayne and he was a mighty fine man. I lived in Poinsett County for 29 years and I never missed a chance to stop by and visit with him when ever I was in Marked Tree. He was always kind to me and I never heard him say a bad thing about anyone. I will be glad to send some money in his honor. This world needs more men like him!!!
Small world! Thanks for the kind words

1 - 5 of 5 Posts