Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can get a 10/22 action or possibly a beat up gun with a functioning action? I'm kicking around building one, nothing fancy, and I'm wondering how much the action alone would cost if I could find one. Wal Mart is asking 193 for a new gun and I don't trust pawn shops to be much cheaper on used ones, although I'm going to call around. I'll also call the local gunsmith and ask, but I thought I'd ask here too.
Jared

·
Registered
898 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to find a good "action only" for sale. That is the part everyone wants! That being said, if you buy a new gun, there is somewhat of a market for the other Ruger parts you would typically take off to customize (barrle, stock, etc.). Good luck and be sure to post pics when you get her bulit!

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Yes you can buy just a receiver. If you wanting to go aftermarket MOA Mfg has a good one and Volquartsen makes them as well but these receivers alone will cost what an entire rifle costs. Then there is the Ruger factory receiver that can be found from time to time on various boards or from this guy when he has them in stock...
http://www.heddonpal.com/list.asp?d=8&p=1
He gets just under $80 a piece from them and they do have to transfer through a FFL. Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.