Ronnie Mccollum Taxidermy Prattsville, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by moose96605050, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Has anyone had anything mounted by him or seen any of his work? How was it?

2. Delbert

Delbert Well-Known Member

Why not find one of the people in Little Rock that does good work?

Theres a young man in Camden thats fantastic. Possibly one of the best in the nation.

Zack Pennington is his name. Here is his email. [email protected]

3. brushcreek

brushcreek Well-Known Member

That was an odd and totally irrelevant post

4. moodyd13

moodyd13 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have had a pheasant mounted and he did really good. Ill upload a pic later later tonight. Cheap and just a couple miles away.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

5. Reason I asked: I hadn't heard anything about him and he was just a few miles up the road. Several people that I hunt with said that he did really good work. I called him and he said that he was loaded. He told me it would be around Apil before I would get my mount back.

Im probably related to Zack somehow. All my family is from the Bearden, Sparkman area. I plan on getting in touch with him also and talking to him.

6. Claymore

Claymore Well-Known Member

i have had a Deer, Canadian Goose, and Canvasback mounted by him. He does really good work. taking him a Greenhead soon.

7. bobcat.223

bobcat.223 Well-Known Member

i know this is an old post but anyone have any info on his mammal mounts. i was told about him a few days ago. coyotes in particular. i have a black coyote and want it mounted at a decent price. i want it to look good in the head area. and get it back in a reasonable amount of time. and be kinda close.
    if anything negative pm me or dont post.

8. BMCoats

BMCoats Well-Known Member

He has done two deer 4 ducks and currently has two geese and a wigeon. I trust him with all of my mounts. Got pork does my euro's but all others go to him.. I have never found any reason to complain about his work and the time aspect is the best. The last deer I took him I had back within two months...

9. ARTom81

ARTom81 Well-Known Member

Go to his shop and take a peek for yourself. I go and look at the work or look at other people's mounts that have used a person I am interested in. What one person calls good might be not good to someone else. You put 5 deer side by side mounted by 5 different people and you can see the difference. They all have eyes and ears, but some look real, some look like dead heads on the wall.

10. bobcat.223

bobcat.223 Well-Known Member

im going to do that ARTom81. he sent me some pictures but i wanted some opinions and comments also before i drive over there and waste my time. i found this old post and wanted to see what anyone has to say.

11. Delbert

Delbert Well-Known Member

Still no pics??I like lookign at work, but most people cant tell good work from poor work.

12. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Just about everyone at work uses him. I just haven't killed anything lately that's worth mounting.